Gaff schooner sunk in Brixham

andy59

Visit site
If they can get it leant against a wall somewhere at the top of the tide then nature will do the work for them, definitely stuck on the bottom at the moment.

oz-1

Visit site
There is a scrubbing grid at the side of the harbour nearest the boat, maybe they will try to get her there. I feel really sorry for the owners, i hope they are o.k. I know how devastated i would be if anything as bad would happen to my boat. Best regards to every one, Oz.

dom

Visit site
Posts at same time.

Looks like it's bottomed out on tow at the moment. Harbour gets shallower further in you go. There's about a foot of tide left.

Trev, could you perhaps ask the Harbourmaster to lock his wandering webcam onto the salvage operation?

He's missing all the good bits!
:)

Hermit

Visit site
Unless they change the position of the bags and get her to float higher then the next tide higher than this is not until next Friday. Can't see from the webcam if she is close enough to shore for a decent crane to get to her (and if there is anywhere a crane could get to as well?)

Looks like there is enough room for some of those smaller fishing boats in the inner harbour to get out - hoping there aren't any stray lines ready to sang a prop under the surface.

burgundyben

Visit site
Unless they change the position of the bags and get her to float higher then the next tide higher than this is not until next Friday. Can't see from the webcam if she is close enough to shore for a decent crane to get to her (and if there is anywhere a crane could get to as well?)

Looks like there is enough room for some of those smaller fishing boats in the inner harbour to get out - hoping there aren't any stray lines ready to sang a prop under the surface.

Or start pumping. That would reduce draft.

What's the latest?

trevbouy

Visit site
Locked on to it. I've been out but it looks no different as its grounded and now a falling tide. I asked partner to go out and take a better shot but unfortunately she's laid up with a bad back :confused: