FYI: Entering the Netherlands

bluerm166

Visit site
There may well be an explanation which we may discover when a detailed english text is available.I don't think they were on a weekend visit.They possibly have a regular connection with Dutch waters and are coming back from a voyage or have an arrangement with a yard for lift out and storage.

syvictoria

Visit site
Article text in English:

The Marechaussee does not allow British sailing yachts to moor in the port of Breskens
BRESKENS - Yesterday, the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee refused two Britons in the port of Breskens who arrived by sailing yacht. They did not meet a condition for entering the Netherlands.

Miriam van den Broek - van der Schot 12-01-21, 10:11

Across the country, the State Police have denied British travelers at the border. In South Holland five Britons were stopped because of the Covid entry restrictions. They could not demonstrate that they had to make a necessary journey. They went back to England by ferry. Various travelers were also denied access to the Netherlands at Schiphol.

Since 1 January 2021, the Marechaussee has denied more than 80 British travelers at various border posts at airports and seaports. The ground for refusal is generally a danger to public order and public health.

De.windhoos

Visit site
No flights allowed from the U.K. to the Netherlands starting 23rd. This is a temporary measure until mandatory quarantine can be legally enforced.

syvictoria

Visit site
No flights allowed from the U.K. to the Netherlands starting 23rd. This is a temporary measure until mandatory quarantine can be legally enforced.

Thanks for the update. Our boat's in NL and so I'm watching this thread with interest. I hope we'll be able to return to her at some stage this year...

Poecheng

Visit site
Looks like they are doing the right thing to protect their population from CV-19, unlike a government closer to home.
Are you suggesting a Dutch yacht would be welcomed at our ports? I witnessed a Dutch yacht being turned away from an English port in July/August 2020 - uncomfortable to see but there we are.

westhinder

Visit site
I’m afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better.
From Monday in Belgium we won’t be allowed to travel abroad except for essential matters. Not that I had any plans to cross the North Sea in this season, but you can never be sure how long this measure is going to last.

Sandy

Visit site
Are you suggesting a Dutch yacht would be welcomed at our ports? I witnessed a Dutch yacht being turned away from an English port in July/August 2020 - uncomfortable to see but there we are.
Depends on the current rules, although with the administration in Westminster the rules change from hour to hour. You also need to add local interpretation of the rules as they are so poorly written and you have the usual confusion around these things.

With nations being very clear about what their rules are skippers should be planning their voyages within the rules. This year I'm not visiting mainland Europe and will need to check before I set off for my circumnavigation of Great Britain what the restrictions are in the four nations, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. It would be silly to set off knowing Scotland was not receiving visiting vessels on the hope that by the time I arrived at Blyth all that had changed.

syvictoria

Visit site

Really? That's very surprising. I wasn't aware that our borders had been 'closed' to EU nationals - or indeed almost anyone, barring a few specific instances such as South Africa now - at any time during the pandemic. The Netherlands was removed from the travel corridor list in mid Aug 2020, but that only meant that Dutch nationals had to quarantine on entry (as did I when I returned from there later in the year), not that access to the UK was barred.

Poecheng

Visit site
Really? That's very surprising. I wasn't aware that our borders had been 'closed' to EU nationals - or indeed almost anyone, barring a few specific instances such as South Africa now - at any time during the pandemic. The Netherlands was removed from the travel corridor list in mid Aug 2020, but that only meant that Dutch nationals had to quarantine on entry (as did I when I returned from there later in the year), not that access to the UK was barred.
I am not sure why it is surprising. We are not talking simply about the movement of EU nationals eg Heathrow and whether our borders are formally closed but about yachts crossing the North Sea between England and Netherlands. Whatever the position is now (and I don't know but can guess), wasn't it verboten last summer whether by way of legislation, guidance and the ability of ports to regulate their own affairs? Southwold was closed to foreign vessels.

D

Deleted member 36384

I have 2 rigs to inspect in The Netherlands, onshore and offshore. As it is oil and gas I don't need a work visa but for Covid I do need a letter from a Dutch Company stating the purposes of my business. I have decided to do the assessment of the nearest remotely, awkward but possible with technology.