Fuel Filling Problem

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
quite why it would happen on 1 side and not the other not sure.
Sun on one side and shade on the other? The decals on my boat are at completely different stages of degeneration due to the way the boat was moored when the previous owner kept it in a marina.

vas

Visit site
Had exactly this problem , tooth brush around the outside of the gauze on the vent cleared a build up of crud and solved the problem, only happened on 1 side , quite why it would happen on 1 side and not the other not sure.
prevailing wind direction, sun/rain, etc... Assuming you are not on a swing mooring obvs :)

Orthop

Visit site
We try to estimate who much liter/ gal we have to refill. SWIMBO controls the gauge of the fuel station and calls the liter/gal to me.
During the filling I always try to stopp filling for a few seconds, i.g. 10 or so. At the end of the estimated fuel volume I try to make the stopping time longer...
We always spray water with a little dish liquid on the teak, before opening the filler cap...

Orthop

Visit site
Factory fitted with our Fairline T38 ist this splash box from vetus. Perhaps an option or in addition...

Attachments

• Fuel %22splash-stop%22 51mm cap hose Ø51mm vent  (Vetus FS5125).pdf
    401.1 KB · Views: 20