French ban on boating.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Not sure it really matters as long as it does not apply to lorry drivers which I am certain it does nots.. But it´s screwed my option of popping across to Dover or Eastbourne to haul and antifoul!
For sailing its odd that as I understand it we can sail out of our French ports for a distance of 50 miles and then return to the home port... As I understand it I cannot sail into another French port...

Quiddle

Visit site
The reciprocal 14 day quarantine exemption between UK and FR announced on Sunday has now been rescinded. Stays in place between UK and Ireland. Words fail me.

Government now says no French quarantine exemption
For clarity, no quarantine rules are in place at present by eithe France or UK. I crossed on Saturday and the ferry staff were talking about June, if at all.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
For clarity, no quarantine rules are in place at present by eithe France or UK. I crossed on Saturday and the ferry staff were talking about June, if at all.

My better half travels back to/from the UK about once or twice a month (Eurotunnel).
Passport barely glanced at from a distance.

dslittle

Visit site
Thanks for posting. I have a mooring there from next month, and so am waiting to be told a) I can sail from the UK to France, and b) that I can sail the boat round to LRB.

I'm hoping that happens before the summer is over, so nice to see some movement starting over there.

Hope you make it, it’s well worth it. I assume that you will make good use of the PE travelling down? We did and saved a fortune. Can’t wait to get back!!!

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
TV news: French authorities have applied full reciprocity to recent UK quaranteen regulations: all people coming into France from the UK will have to observe a 14day isolation period.

edit: AFP take says these measures will be applied as soon as the UK will apply its quarantine measures to people coming into its Territory.
(Maybe just a negotiation thing?)

Last edited:

GTom

Visit site
TV news: French authorities have applied full reciprocity to recent UK quaranteen regulations: all people coming into France from the UK will have to observe a 14day isolation period.

edit: AFP take says these measures will be applied as soon as the UK will apply its quarantine measures to people coming into its Territory.
Not surprised. Infection and daily death figures are far worse in the UK, actually the French have much more reason for such a measure.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

Let's hope it is.
A lot can happen in two weeks.

Le Royaume-Uni impose une stricte quarantaine aux arrivants sur son sol

France 'regrets' the decission but will reciprocate if this happens.

Bobc

Visit site
Hope you make it, it’s well worth it. I assume that you will make good use of the PE travelling down? We did and saved a fortune. Can’t wait to get back!!!
That was the plan. To leave mid-June, port-hop down there using the PE and arrive mid-July. Now we'll just have to wait until we can go.

balder

Visit site
Hello Gents,

Sorry for the reciprocity but our President and his gouvernment have been so miserable , "amateurs" we say and certainly guilty, during the peak of the COVID crisis, that french people would not have accepted like spanish citizens, that we do not try to avoid a lot of new COVID with so many tourists planning to visit us.
As well, feel free to contact other boat owners in french marinas like I did with english residents here in Lanzarote who have been so kind to have a look on my trawler.

Toutvabien

Visit site
So as it appears, at present, if I want to go to my boat in La Rochelle this summer I will have to do 14 days quarantine on the way into France, presumably this can be on the boat, and then another 14 days quarantine n my return to the UK. Boating in France seems to be opening up ahead of the UK and I am just wondering what might be possible this year. Anybody know what the French rules for quarantine, especially any reference to boats, look like?

Hadenough

Visit site
So as it appears, at present, if I want to go to my boat in La Rochelle this summer I will have to do 14 days quarantine on the way into France, presumably this can be on the boat, and then another 14 days quarantine n my return to the UK. Boating in France seems to be opening up ahead of the UK and I am just wondering what might be possible this year. Anybody know what the French rules for quarantine, especially any reference to boats, look like?
I assume that the problem In France is still that you cannot be more that 100kms from your home address. If they accept the boat as your home address it is still impossible to get to it. More than happy to be proved wrong as my boat is in Brittany and I need to get back ASAP.

Lightwave395

Visit site

Hard to find details as it applies to boats but the French quarantine requirement appears thus far to be 'voluntary' whatever that means in practice...

Macron is making a further 'deconfinement' announcement tonight

From an English language French newspaper:

The general rule: Voluntary quarantine (obligatory in case of symptoms)
All people at risk of being infected, who arrive on French soil, are invited to quarantine themselves voluntarily for two weeks.
Quarantine means staying inside and self-isolating for 14 days. This means not leaving the house for any reason, including to shop, unless in a health emergency. People must avoid contact with others as much as possible, even within the same household, and ask friends or neighbours to deliver food and other essentials without contact.
This concerns "persons who have stayed, during the previous month, in an area where the infection is circulating, and who enter the country or who arrive in Corsica or one of the [French] overseas territories”.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

There is currently NO mandatory quarantine when entering France from the UK.
My better half travels to/from the UK once a month and she has never been told to self-isolate.
There will be a reciprocal/retaliatory 14 day quarantine requirement ONLY of Boris persists with this nonsensical 14 day self-isolation rule for people entering the UK from abroad as from 08th June.

Macron is speaking tonight and is expected to announce further relaxtion of lockdown measures still in place.
There are also talks ongoing on EU-level to discuss the re-opening of borders - both June 15th and July 1st have been rumoured.

Fruityone

Visit site
Progressive end to lockdown phase 2 to be announced - France will find out today what phase 2 of the progressive end to lockdown will entail. Following the defence council meeting, today at 5pm Prime Minister Edouard Philippe will announce measures for the reopening of restaurants, cinemas and high schools as well as future holidays and the possible end of the current travel limit and the colour-coded map of France indicating where the coronavirus is in high circulation will be updated. As the number of intensive care patients continues to drop and now in the third week of “deconfinement”, many in France are hopeful that phase 2 will see more flexibility and perhaps a “green” designation for the entire country.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
French PM just on TV (press conference).

In a nutshell:
- 100 km travel restriction lifted as from 02/06
- Travel possible in European travel area as from 15/06. No quarantine/self-isolation UNLESS for people coming from countries that impose such restrictions on people travelling from France.

So, if HMG stick to their 14 days self-isolation from 08/06, the same will apply for people travelling to France from the UK.