French ban on boating.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
PM press conference just finished, some details for May11th onwards
No isolation for people coming into France from the EU/UK.
Strict isolation is being relaxed and there will be freedom of movement within a 100km radius around one's usual residency. (They also allow movement within one's residency department). Movement beyond this limit are allowed only in cases of strict professional need (ex. truck drivers, lawyers going to other dept Courts) or absolute need to take care of relatives.
They expressly mentioned personal vacation houses as not being included among the allowed cases.
This is the wording.

Ex: I am resident in Paris, I am not allowed to go to my boat in Brittany. A UK subject with French residency would have the same limitations, a British engineer spy at Airbus in Toulouse may not travel to his James Bond yacht in the Côte d'Azur.
IMHO, a EU/UK national with no residency in France would not be allowed to travel to his boat. If checked while on the boat itself, showing a UK residency would definitely put him in the "beyond 100km" region (question mark for Kent residents in Calais? :D )
Fines are in the region 135euro, FWIW.

Add: no mention has been made of rules for Overseas departments (except Mayotte where strict isolation will be continued)

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Update: from May 11th on, sailing is allowed up to 54nm from home port/mooring.
These Prefectures have just issued the decrees (Med and Atlantic coast)
https://www.premar-mediterranee.gou.../arretes/9246ce0d9b97ecd209505c7e21d9884b.pdf
Rappel de conseils de sécurité essentiels pour la pratique des activités nautiques en mer - Préfecture maritime de l'Atlantique
I ll check about The Channel
I take it for boats already in France? and not boats entering French waters?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
According to my HM, it's for local boats only.
Sailing from/to own berth/mooring only.
Your residence has to be within 100 km of your boat.
Thanks , it be great if they made things clearer .
We still don't know where we are here in Sicily , one min marina telling us we can go for a day sail , next the CG telling us only if we a member of a sailing clubs . Marina saying as we have a contract it's ok , CG saying no. It's getting frustrating now,
the whole of the town Is out in the street , most shop taken away the limit of people entering , around the marina it's packed with local , bike riders , jogging traffic every where there was even a guy on his horse and cart , the last few days a few motor boats when out and returned and we can't go out for a day sail even tho the new reg says sport sailing is ok .
We seriously thinking come the end of May and still nothing happening is the sail non stop back to the UK .
Noonsite is stating there some port open for transit yacht to refuel and stock only .
We happy to obey the rules , but this one for them and other for us

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
My part of France (Boulogne sur mer) is in the French Red Zone for infections so maybe that is why the Channel/Manche is not included but your news is very welcome. I had not seen it so thank you for lifting my spirits!
I have published a video about getting my boat Golden Haze into France from the UK, a few weeks ago at Sailing Gently which was challenging

Last night I published the 2nd part of doing the French Canals to the Med which I am really pleased with but.... Please don't be too cruel....

Bobc

Visit site
An announcement from the Capitainerie at La Roche Bernard

La Capitainerie rouvre à partir du Lundi 11 Mai
Thanks for posting. I have a mooring there from next month, and so am waiting to be told a) I can sail from the UK to France, and b) that I can sail the boat round to LRB.

I'm hoping that happens before the summer is over, so nice to see some movement starting over there.

cherod

Visit site
have watched them all , very entertaining ,, i did fancy a trip down the cannals ,,, but now i see i am too wide !!

cherod

Visit site
That's a shame... It was vert difficult sometimes in the Prout 33, inches to spare!
very interesting videos , all of them , full of useful information ,, look forward to see more of them ,, wonder how you are progressing with the shutdown ,,, thre is another youtube couple currently holed up in Paris .,,,,,,,, my cat is just under 20 ft beam !!

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
very interesting videos , all of them , full of useful information ,, look forward to see more of them ,, wonder how you are progressing with the shutdown ,,, thre is another youtube couple currently holed up in Paris .,,,,,,,, my cat is just under 20 ft beam !!
I had an interesting time getting my boat Golden Haze into France a few weeks ago during the pandemic... Videos 1 & 2 on the site... I actually live in Boulogne so just the normal frustration....
Yours is a big cat. I imagine very comfortable!

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Just got an email to say Boulogne marina is open from Monday but no news on sailing yet!
Bonjour Madame, Monsieur
L'équipe du port espère que vous vous portez bien, ainsi que vos proches et votre famille après ces huit semaines de confinement.
Nous avons le plaisir de vous annoncer la ré-ouverture du bureau d’accueil du port de plaisance à partir de ce lundi 11 mai.
Conformément aux décisions prises par le gouvernement, il vous sera possible de vous rendre au port de plaisance, si votre lieu d'habitation se situe dans un rayon de 100 km.
Concernant la reprise de la navigation de plaisance, la préfecture maritime n’a toujours pas à l’heure où nous vous écrivons, publié de texte de droit positif. Nous vous tiendrons informés dès que ces textes seront parus.
Nous vous invitons à lire ci-dessous quelques informations pratiques que nous vous prions de bien vouloir respecter.

cherod

Visit site
I had an interesting time getting my boat Golden Haze into France a few weeks ago during the pandemic... Videos 1 & 2 on the site... I actually live in Boulogne so just the normal frustration....
Yours is a big cat. I imagine very comfortable!
ha ha ,,, yes i watched them ,, " interesting " indeed , i dont think i would like to be in the channel not knowing if i could gain access !!!

Lightwave395

Visit site
The Arzal lock starts opening from tomorrow too, you must wear a mask to go through

Services de l’écluse d’Arzal : (informations de l’EPTB Vilaine)
L’écluse d’Arzal et le pont de Cran seront à nouveau ouverts à la navigation. Toutefois, le risque Covid-19 restant présent, les mesures de prévention suivantes seront mises en place à l’écluse :
  • Les bateaux à couple ne seront pas autorisés afin de limiter tout contact entre les plaisanciers lors des manœuvres.
  • Nous recommandons à tous les plaisanciers, dans un souci de protection collective, de porter un masque lors de l’éclusage.
Afin de fluidifier le trafic, nous incitons tous les plaisanciers à déclarer leur intention de passage à l’écluse d’Arzal sur le site : https://www.passeportecluse-arzal-camoel.com/ (ou via la capitainerie numérique pour les plaisanciers de la Compagnie des Ports du Morbihan)

Au plaisir de vous accueillir sur votre port très prochainement pour cette reprise de la navigation,

Le directeur du port,
Soizic DUBOIS

Poignard

Visit site
The Arzal lock starts opening from tomorrow too, you must wear a mask to go through

Services de l’écluse d’Arzal : (informations de l’EPTB Vilaine)
L’écluse d’Arzal et le pont de Cran seront à nouveau ouverts à la navigation. Toutefois, le risque Covid-19 restant présent, les mesures de prévention suivantes seront mises en place à l’écluse :
  • Les bateaux à couple ne seront pas autorisés afin de limiter tout contact entre les plaisanciers lors des manœuvres.
  • Nous recommandons à tous les plaisanciers, dans un souci de protection collective, de porter un masque lors de l’éclusage.
Afin de fluidifier le trafic, nous incitons tous les plaisanciers à déclarer leur intention de passage à l’écluse d’Arzal sur le site : https://www.passeportecluse-arzal-camoel.com/ (ou via la capitainerie numérique pour les plaisanciers de la Compagnie des Ports du Morbihan)

Au plaisir de vous accueillir sur votre port très prochainement pour cette reprise de la navigation,

Le directeur du port,
Soizic DUBOIS
'

But no rafting up of boats in the lock will be allowed so that will severely limit the number able to pass through the lock at any one time.

No more fun and games like this for a while :-

1589113135410.png

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I got this from my HM yesterday

Madame, Monsieur,

À partir du lundi 11 mai 2020, dans le respect des dispositions gouvernementales en vigueur, la pratique des activités nautiques en mer est de nouveau possible sur la façade atlantique.

Le bureau du port sera ouvert au public le 25 mai 2020.

Les prises de rendez-vous pour les carénages reprennent le 11 mai, pour les clients en attente vous serez contacté par le bureau du port.

Le service de rade reprend le 25 mai 2020, toujours sur rendez-vous :
De 9h30 à 11h00 et 14h00 à 15h30 à raison de 2 clients à la fois. Port du masque pour les transferts.

Nous vous invitons à respecter les gestes barrières pour vous et pour les agents du port de plaisance.

Bonne navigation.
L’équipe du port de Sainte Marine

Both Atlantic and Med are now open for business.
No word yet from Prefecture Maritime Manche (which does contain quite a few 'red' departments.
With 'Manche' closed (and the UK too I assume after Boris' speech just now) the delivery trip to bring our 'new' boat from Holland to Brittany is going to be a bit of a slog.