France open for business

Lightwave395

Visit site
There appears to be no problem with overnight stays here in Quiberon. There have been a variety on different boats on the empty berths around me, arriving in the afternoon, leaving the following morning, little, if any social distancing, everyone friendly despite my UK ensign gently flapping around.
Come on down y'all !

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
A lot of Britons say they feel more similar to Anglosaxons (preferably Celts) than to the average rest-of-France people, or worse God-forbid-Parisians :D
I remember visiting friend in Nancy in N France years ago and apologising for my poor french when buying quiche lorraine. The boulangerie owner said at least I did not sound like a Parisien

westhinder

Visit site
A quick update: both Fécamp and St. Vaast la Hougue are functioning normally. I was the only visitor in Fécamp, here in St Vaast there is also a German and a Dutch boat, and a couple of French boats on holiday. Life in the town is almost back to normal, just a bit quieter than usual at this time of year. The usual distancing is applied in shops, few maks are worn, some shops insist on wearing a mask.

syvictoria

Visit site
I can't see how UK laws apply to someone with different citizenship in their house in France.

I don't see how even citizenship is relevant? Surely you are subject to the laws of the country you are in? End of? Otherwise, how can different driving laws be enforced on foreign nationals, for example?

Andy Wood

Visit site
I keep my boat in Brittany and am planning on coming over later this summer. Does anyone know if there is a problem if your crew are from different household bubbles?

[178529]

Visit site
I don't see how even citizenship is relevant? Surely you are subject to the laws of the country you are in? End of? Otherwise, how can different driving laws be enforced on foreign nationals, for example?
Exactly, when i'm in france I don't care if boris tells me to stay home at night it's what nice M. Macron says that I listen to.

Lightwave395

Visit site
Well I've been here since Sunday and its great to be back. Boats from other home ports have been overnighting here during this week, weather tomorrow looks slightly unpleasant but Sunday looks good for finally moving to Arzal. Showers all open normally and minimal distancing. I crossed from Port Navalo to Locmariaquier on the ferry today, lots of hand sanitiser and everyone wore a mask. Everyone seems as friendly as previously.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Here in Boulogne sur mer, France, my marina office informs me there are no restrictions at all on yachts and crew visiting French ports and moving from port to port.... France is almost back to normal.. In my street all the bars and restaurants are open as well as room rentals.. If you visit a major supermarket then there is little or no social distancing, few masks and the checkouts are as normal except for plastic screens around the checkout girls.. Some smaller shops do only allow one or two people in at a time and occasionally demand a mask is worn . Other than that it is all pretty normal except for the sad site of business's that are closed never to re-open

Lightwave395

Visit site
Here in Boulogne sur mer, France, my marina office informs me there are no restrictions at all on yachts and crew visiting French ports and moving from port to port.... France is almost back to normal.. In my street all the bars and restaurants are open as well as room rentals.. If you visit a major supermarket then there is little or no social distancing, few masks and the checkouts are as normal except for plastic screens around the checkout girls.. Some smaller shops do only allow one or two people in at a time and occasionally demand a mask is worn . Other than that it is all pretty normal except for the sad site of business's that are closed never to re-open
Pretty much the same here in Southern Brittany, restaurant staff all seem to be wearing masks

westhinder

Visit site
Are marinas allowing rafting as usual? It sounds like a few places here might be restricting that (so less capacity). Is it quieter than usual?
I have not seen the need for rafting, it is still very quiet. There were open spaces on the visitors pontoons everywhere I have been. Some German, Dutch and Belgian visitors, a few French yachts on the move, that’s it. The French holiday season has not started yet and of course no U.K. yachts yet

Quiddle

Visit site
Are marinas allowing rafting as usual? It sounds like a few places here might be restricting that (so less capacity). Is it quieter than usual?
I sailed from the Vilaine to UK in early June and it was a lot quieter than usual. Rafting forbidden in Arzal lock but not an issue anywhere else as there were plenty of berths available. The usual large rallies by Breton clubs, which normally invade marinas, aren't taking place.

Lightwave395

Visit site
There was some rafting at the weekend on the visitors pontoon in Quiberon, we were also rafted in Arzal lock Sunday, I would agree that there are slightly fewer boats around but there is a slowly growing number of Dutch and German yotties appearing here in Arzal and a lot of camper vans on the roads.
You will need a mask in marina offices