France open for business

[178529]

Visit site
i have a house in Brittany and understand that the 2 week quarantine period for uk visitors to France will apply until the UK lifts the 2 week quarantine period. There is also a 2 week quarantine period into Ireland.

Carib

www.sailinginlimbo.blogspot.com
Thanks for posting the article. I see that "the French quarantine is voluntary and there will be no enforcement or fine handed out". I'd be very interested to hear how anyone arriving by yacht is received and how this is handled in practice. The UK quarantine rules are to be reviewed every three weeks, for what it's worth, bringing us to 29th June.

Quiddle

Visit site
I've been sailing in Brittany for the past two weeks and the only restriction has been going ashore on the islands. Everything else is as normal, but quiet.
Currently at Ile de Sein and two French crews went ashore yesterday evening so maybe that restriction no longer applies?

Poignard

Visit site
I've been sailing in Brittany for the past two weeks and the only restriction has been going ashore on the islands. Everything else is as normal, but quiet.
Currently at Ile de Sein and two French crews went ashore yesterday evening so maybe that restriction no longer applies?

'

Has officialdom taken any interest in you?

Quiddle

Visit site
Are you resident?
Sort of. Let a property in UK and bought a boat in France early this year so boat is my current domicile. On this basis I've had no issues travelling to France in May or sailing around. The only interrogation was at Dover where I spent 30 seconds chatting to a Border officer and had my supporting documentation waved aside.

dunedin

Visit site
Sort of. Let a property in UK and bought a boat in France early this year so boat is my current domicile. On this basis I've had no issues travelling to France in May or sailing around. The only interrogation was at Dover where I spent 30 seconds chatting to a Border officer and had my supporting documentation waved aside.

Presumably that was before the U.K. imposed the 14 day quarantine, which France have reportedly reciprocated with for travellers coming from the U.K. ?

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Presumably that was before the U.K. imposed the 14 day quarantine, which France have reportedly reciprocated with for travellers coming from the U.K. ?

That measure only comes into effect tomorrow (15/06).

Better half and my youngest were waved through French border control in Dover this morning.
Paperwark and passports only glanced at from a distance.