Fouling

jon and michie

Visit site
Hi - I am based on the River Crouch and curious to know if anyone has had their boat lifted out recently and noticed if the boat's hull has more foul/growth more than normal.
Jon

jon and michie

Visit site
I found in late October a heavy build up on the drive and props that I could see and bad performance on mine - which I am ruling is down to the fouling.
The Boat was Anti fouled with Hempel and was done March just before Lockdown the boat didnt get launched till May on the easing Hence thinking the antifoul paint has dried up - I didnt anticipate much getting out on the water due to this pandemic.
The boat is being lifted out in January and all will become clear.
Jon

jon and michie

Visit site
And the results are in the boat was lifted out on Wednesday 13th Jan after 8 months in the water.
I think it is clear that it is down to limited movement (due to lockdown) that this slime has built up and greatly slowed me down.
1st is the stbd side
2nd is the drive leg and aft
3rd is the port side.
Jon

Attachments

• image001 (Medium).jpg
    image001 (Medium).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 38
  • image002 (Medium).jpg
    image002 (Medium).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image003 (Medium).jpg
    image003 (Medium).jpg
    162 KB · Views: 36

adamstjohn

Visit site
I was just about to post when i saw this so thought i would jump on.
We antifouled with Jotun in april, went in in may, came out in nov.
River orwell, swinging mooring . Our fouling was the worst it has ever been in 20 yrs on this mooring.
The guy i own the boat with is better at scrubbing off than i am, i just dont have time to throw the boat on the club dolphin and wait for tides etc.
Anybody else have bad fouling experience this year?

Habebty

Visit site
Apart from some use in July and August my boat has been tied up afloat. I gave it a jet wash in September on a grid, but hasn’t moved since. i await the lifting of lockdown to see the growth!

adamstjohn

Visit site
Thanks, have had some comms with jotun, we use mare nostrum which is a general purpose sot of AF.

Think we may have been a bit tight with the application. (read scrouge)

roller applied
1 x coat, approx 2 ltr.

They recommend 100 microns , which in the real world equates to 2-3 coats which should do 1 season , 12 months. we are only in the water for 6 - 8 months
will try 2 x coats (approx 4 ltrs and see what happens next year.

The boat is an elizabethan 30 hulled hummingbird and really slows down when fouled...

Usage sound about right?

Thanks all.

ditchcrawler

Visit site
I have used the Jotun Cu-Pro and found it to be good. I used to use the Seaforce 30 which I thought was very good, but now only sold to commercial.

I used 5 litres on my Moody 31 which gave one good coat and another coat on leading edges and rudder etc. It lasted 2 seasons with a quick scrub in september with the boat staying in at SYH.

adamstjohn

Visit site
I have used the Jotun Cu-Pro and found it to be good. I used to use the Seaforce 30 which I thought was very good, but now only sold to commercial.

I used 5 litres on my Moody 31 which gave one good coat and another coat on leading edges and rudder etc. It lasted 2 seasons with a quick scrub in september with the boat staying in at SYH.

Many thanks, thats a good healthy coat, i will order 5 ltr and stop being soo tight.

Thanks DC

Adam