Forum Flag

Talbot

Visit site
Pity that the forum flag was so little in evidence in Cherbourg. It appears that it is mainly mobos who recognise and fly this :

burgee.jpg

tome

www.google.co.uk
Main priorities are that it's recognisable from a distance and not too fussy - looks like a burgee, something along the lines of

Burgee1%20(Small).jpg

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
A little bit of history.........

'Twas I that cobbled together the design for the Forum Burgee and its absolutely true to say that it was primarily imtended for MoboChatters cos it was the mobo forum that raised the idea and everone was pretty parochial then (before the days of the Lounge etc).

It was designed 'tongue in cheek' by combining some odd bits of clipart and was also intended to take the p*ss out of ourselves a bit by making it reflect the way others tend to see us....hence the drink, and the fact that we are a web based community....the mouse.

I never expected it to become reality but a certain hlb saw it and, without reference to me, got an aquaintance of his to run a few up ....and then some more...and some more.....

If you dont like it theres nothing stopping you doing something different !!!!

Maybe the time has come for ybw to officially embrace a Forums Burgee?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
You will see that I have already posted a new thread on this in The Lounge as I, too, think thats the best place to discuss it.

I doubt that haydn has much stock as he generally gets them made pretty much as they are ordered.....but being the canny north countryman that he is no doubt he would turn a bob on the last few by ramping up the price to reflect rarity value /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS....my comment that he started getting them made 'without reference to me' was in no way intended as a criticism....just an explanation of how loose the original arrangements were.....

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
In the days of the 'old' forum, a meet up was organised to visit RNLI in Poole (by Humperdink?).
YBW treated us to lunch at Parkstone Yacht club and provided all with a PBO burgee. (White and Blue with PBO writ large across it)