Former liveaboard in the North of Ireland seeks updated info on the rules around cruising the erne and shannon.

ExLiveaboard

Visit site
Hi, as the title says, im seeking the rules and regulations whether compulsory or not, on possibly living on the inland waterways of Ireland from the Erne downwards, which ive never visited. As funds are low, my intentions are to buy a cruiser boat like the norman range , so a shell of a boat would do, as i can fit it out myself, with my prior experience of the same.
I intend to continuos cruise and would like to know the rules around this, including prices of moorings if and when i would use them. Also what requirements are needed, like boat registering etc etc . Basicaly, what costs are involved to do this?

Also, are there any sites where liveaboards/cruisers etc are forsale, other than the usual gumtree etc, that wouldnt pull the arm out of me lol? If i can get a structurely sound cruiser, i can do the rest.

Your input is greatly apreciated.

nortada

Visit site
Welcome to the YBW forums.

Rather than floating this thread in Liveaboard Link, which is bit of a backwater, you may get a bigger response in Scuttlebutt or Reader to Reader.??