Flying Surfboard

Time Out

Visit site
I thought any personnel water craft (aka Jetski) was not allowed on the river, I would say it fits that description.

It’s an interesting one as it’s an electric motor.

I’m not sure they have updated the ruling on foiled craft ! Clearly braking the speed limit but then again a good rower could ?

Chris_d

Visit site
I'm sure the definitions are out of date so its difficult to categorise, but it basically can't work without exceeding the speed limit so is illegal regardless.
Doesn't make much wash mind.

Bran

Visit site
See them often between Sunbury and Kingston. One used the portage at Molseley lock as I walked past, whilst the lock keeper was on duty plus the patrol crew were at the lock!
Foiling boards look like fun in the right place but they start at £3.5k

Time Out

Visit site
I'm sure the definitions are out of date so its difficult to categorise, but it basically can't work without exceeding the speed limit so is illegal regardless.
Doesn't make much wash mind.

Or noise ! That’s the dangerous bit !

The water needs to be blue not grey before I step on one. Same for paddle boarding. And sailing for that matter !

Doolittle

Visit site
According to an EA Waterways Officer they are the highest source of complaints! There are far more problems from the results of wash than speed. I think they're brilliant. I'd have a go if it had outriggers!