Flat-spot recovery on boat trailer tyre?

TernVI

Visit site
One approach is to change the whole axle, maybe getting a secondhand one from a caravan breaker.
The modern axles often seem to have the rubber suspension units integrated in the beam.
Or, a pair of indespension units and an axle beam of channel or box section.
Old caravan chassis are commonly modified into boat trailers.

Much depends on the state of the rest of the trailer.
Leaf springs may be fused into a useless lump for instance!

Visit site
One approach is to change the whole axle, maybe getting a secondhand one from a caravan breaker.

Much depends on the state of the rest of the trailer. Leaf springs may be fused into a useless lump for instance!
That's good lateral thinking. Second hand is precisely what I need. The chassis is good, really well built & custom-made to fit. One leaf has separated, may be it has lost its clamp, or it slipped, I can't remember.

Got to carry about 1800kgs. It's really worth brainstorming.
Simple. Take the hubs off. Find available wheels that will fit over the centre and have the flange re-drilled to suit the new wheels.
That was kind of where I got to but, not having a fully function brain, forgot to measure the Centre Bore.

Land Rover wheels with good tyres are cheap & easy to find.

Stork_III

Visit site
Thanks. What's the theory there?

So, if I want to pimp the trailer, do I go for whitewalls, or low profiles? (joke) I'm guessing it was a regular size on vans or lorries back then but it does seem to be Land Rover series II size. New wheels are only from around £75.

That is the standard size for London taxis of the time.