Moody
Dan Tribe... you in?
Concerto - Possible

CliveG -Fox's would work for me.
DavidofMersea + SWMBO
Kukri + 1 or 2 sons
Champagne Murphy
Peter Wright + 1,2 or3

I suspect it will be after Easter so strongly prefer a venue we can get to by boat.

Foxes may struggle to accommodate 13 boats in addition to their regulars, Haven Marina offer more boat space and fairly easy rail access, but poor for parking, SYH offer boat space, easy road access and parking but poor rail access and will probably rely on HPYC offering catering in their lightship. As an outside, the RCYC and RBYC in Burnham (and other restaurants) are a short walk from BYH (plenty of spare berths) good rail access (the trains are fairly frequent, even at weekends) and good parking although the drive out to B-o-C is tedious.

Peter.

DavidofMersea

Visit site
I suspect it will be after Easter so strongly prefer a venue we can get to by boat.

Foxes may struggle to accommodate 13 boats in addition to their regulars, Haven Marina offer more boat space and fairly easy rail access, but poor for parking, SYH offer boat space, easy road access and parking but poor rail access and will probably rely on HPYC offering catering in their lightship. As an outside, the RCYC and RBYC in Burnham (and other restaurants) are a short walk from BYH (plenty of spare berths) good rail access (the trains are fairly frequent, even at weekends) and good parking although the drive out to B-o-C is tedious.

Peter.
I would not think that many people will come by rail, and if that is so, rail ccess is not important

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Fox's coped on a previous occasion and a very good night was had by all (as was, in my case, a very good breakfast after 27 hours at sea earlier in the day :) )

Habebty

Visit site
Chatting Lil,
Little Sister
Paul Rainbow
Bru
Dolibriform
Moody
Dan Tribe... you in?
Concerto - Possible

DavidofMersea + SWMBO
Kukri + 1 or 2 sons
Champagne Murphy
count me in too, but later than March would be better. After all, it doesn’t have to be a fitted up supper, just a good get together!

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site

Peter.

The RHYC can cater, have their own small marina and Woolverstone is adjacent. Parking for cars is no problem.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
okay, .... This is your benevolent dictator speaking!
I want to organise this so that Sailorman can come along. I absolutely know that everybody on the East Coast would love to see him again.

Will rappelling down the walkways LW at Foxs be an issue for him ?

The pontoons at the Haven are always easy access, due to the lock keeping water levels fairly consistent. We've had club meets at the Haven and all boats are normally on the same pontoon, which is nice. Car parking has never been an issue for those arriving by road, pretty sure that if someone spoke to Linda (the manager) she'd give a temporary car park pass to those people if we had a dozen or so boats booked in and the odd car.

Last edited:

PeterWright

Visit site
Boats traveling from the south would benefit from a favourable tide also , leaving Fambridge at around HW normally puts us in the vicinity of Harwich at LW ready for the flood up to Ipswich .

Just a thought...
A fairly simple rule for any passage between the Harwich rivers and places south of there is low water at Stone Banks. Works well in both directions.

Peter.

Marmalade

Visit site
Guys - will be up for this but it seems pretty academic at the moment :-( Location not critical although Ipswich has best choice of eateries probably... but until they're open and we're allowed to go out to eat...:(

Tomahawk

Visit site
Chatting Lil,
Little Sister
Paul Rainbow
Bru
Dolibriform
Moody
Dan Tribe... you in?
Concerto - Possible

DavidofMersea + SWMBO
Kukri + 1 or 2 sons
Champagne Murphy
Marmalade

But Marmalade is right... we are probably looking at a long way in the future what with Boris shutting down the country again..
I will say no more because I don’t want to upset myself.