Fitting up supper....

DavidofMersea

Visit site
Ummmm, call me weird (people often do :D ) but there's just something intrinsically odd to me about having a meet up of boating types somewhere boats can't get!
How many people will want/can to sail to this event? I doubt very many, especially if the weather is not good. I am sure you will now say these people can go by road, and that is true, but if is inaccessible by road, not many people will come

PaulRainbow

Visit site
How many people will want/can to sail to this event? I doubt very many, especially if the weather is not good. I am sure you will now say these people can go by road, and that is true, but if is inaccessible by road, not many people will come

Which marinas are inaccessible by road David ?

Reactions: Bru

PaulRainbow

Visit site
"inaccessible" was a bad word, I should have said "difficult access". I am thinking of people coming from the extreme ends of the East Coast, after driving long distance, finally having drive a long distance on minor roads

The A14 isn't exactly minor, that's why i suggested Ipswich. Easy access by sea, road or rail. Plenty of pubs, restaurants and hotels. It's only 20 mins from Colchester by road and a relatively short sail for most of the East coast.

Not my decision though, just a suggestion, i'll consider whatever gets decided on.

DavidofMersea

Visit site
The A14 isn't exactly minor, that's why i suggested Ipswich. Easy access by sea, road or rail. Plenty of pubs, restaurants and hotels. It's only 20 mins from Colchester by road and a relatively short sail for most of the East coast.

Not my decision though, just a suggestion, i'll consider whatever gets decided on.
I think you are right. In principal what I was saying was correct, but I think I got it a bit out of proportion

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I support the idea of somewhere one can sail to. That some people make the effort to sail there, whether it's just a mile from their normal berth, or weekend spent slogging up and down the Wallet, adds to the ambience and repartee.

Besides, if no one sails there, no one will entertain us by falling in! (No names, no pack drill!)