fishgaurd ,can you get diesel ,is there any visitors moorings.

Gwylan

Visit site
There are visitor moorings in Lower Fishguard.

You can also anchor there.

No services as far as I know.

You probably know the next place for diesel is inside Milford Haven. Risk being trapped by the gate times.

Also entry and departure from the actual haven are impacted by the state of the tide. Makes Dale a good place to stop and wait for the tide gate.

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
There are visitor moorings in Lower Fishguard.

You can also anchor there.

No services as far as I know.

You probably know the next place for diesel is inside Milford Haven. Risk being trapped by the gate times.

Also entry and departure from the actual haven are impacted by the state of the tide. Makes Sale a good place to stop and wait for the tide gate.
Hi thanks ,what do you mean sale .

tico

Visit site
Lock times at Milford shouldnt be a problem, There is normally one each hour except for at the bottom of low springs. sorry for ffred drift.
Probably fuel available in Aberystryth , none at Aberaeron.

jwilson

Visit site
will need as going south thanks for any replies..
Long time since I was there but thought it a thoroughly unpleasant anchorage. All I wanted were some Irish Sea charts as it looked like I'd have time to cross over, and was at the limit of my existing charts. Couldn't get any.

MoodySabre

Visit site
Heading south in an Achilles 24 we spoke to harbourmaster. He directed us to tying up against the drying wall in the lower harbour. As there wasn't much water he told us to pick up a buoy near the lifeboat and await the tide. It was very sheltered.

Gwylan

Visit site
Have anchored there in an Achilles, long time ago.
Also alongside the quay, had a meeting with the local boys in blue. They had been called out because they had a report we we're acting suspiciously. Motoring around looking for a spot to anchor.
We we're instructed to cone alongside the quay so they could continue the conversation. Turned out one of them had just bought an Achilles and had a load of questions.

These days I don't bend enough to cope with the accommodation.

2017 picked up of the new (then) visitor moorings in Lower Fishguard with Gwylan, the Seahawk. Very pleasant.

Also anchored near Castle Point. Not sure exactly where. It was dark, I was knackered and single handing back to Portishead from Holyhead.
Needed to stop and wait for the tide.

Tradewinds

Visit site
Fishguard lower harbour circa 1980
IMG001_edited-1.jpg

IMG003.jpg

IMG005.jpg

Those were the days. 35 ft was a big boat back then.

steve yates

Visit site
I arrived in the dark and tied up to the main harbour wall in Fishguard in Oct 2017, but on a mon night so the fishing fleet had all gone out. Was a bit surgy.
There are two large visitors moorings on the approach to the wall. I moved the next day to a mooring in the bay of lower Fishguard (not the inner harbour itself as i have a long fin keel, was looking to anchor when a stranger kindly offered me his mooring as he was taking his boat into the inner harbour for the winter) as I had to leave the boat for a few days and go back to work. It was very sheltered, she rode out the remnants of hurricane Ophelia there quite happily. I watched from the pub ashore as by time I arrived there was no way I could row out to her, it was already about force 8, so took a b&b instead.

Last edited: