finding a mooring deep keel in or near river dart?

Travellingwithtoby

Visit site
Hi all!

So the time has come to find a new mooring as this one is required back in the coming weeks, dartmouth harbour has a waiting list, but i have also asked for temporary if possible. on the website they mention anchoring, would suit me fine! i hardly ever leave.

1.6m draft 10.5M

I would rather not move a significant distance as the motor needs work. however if needs be i will move :)

I did join the rya but cannot seem to find any info on moorings and no phones being answered yet.

I would be interested to hear of peoples experences around the south cost in different places either on the hook or moorings :)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Hi all!

So the time has come to find a new mooring as this one is required back in the coming weeks, dartmouth harbour has a waiting list, but i have also asked for temporary if possible. on the website they mention anchoring, would suit me fine! i hardly ever leave.

1.6m draft 10.5M

I would rather not move a significant distance as the motor needs work. however if needs be i will move :)

I did join the rya but cannot seem to find any info on moorings and no phones being answered yet.

I would be interested to hear of peoples experences around the south cost in different places either on the hook or moorings :)
You don’t happen to be on KA08-09?

Pay your harbour dues and then you can anchor all year for no extra cost. It really is a bargain.

Travellingwithtoby

Visit site
Haha no I am on N14-15 are you local?

Yes I looked at this Option! Have bought some extra chain and rode from a member on here for an aft anchor (will be just like a trot mooring haha )

So am I right in saying as long as I'm in the designated anchoring areas on the dart it's for as long as you want?

I will got further afield but still getting all the important stuff done!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Haha no I am on N14-15 are you local?

Yes I looked at this Option! Have bought some extra chain and rode from a member on here for an aft anchor (will be just like a trot mooring haha )

So am I right in saying as long as I'm in the designated anchoring areas on the dart it's for as long as you want?

I will got further afield but still getting all the important stuff done!
I was, until a few months ago.

Unless the rules have changed, your understanding is correct, providing you have the correct amount of insurance cover, which almost every boat will have as standard.