Filling with water, Ria Formosa?

GHA

Visit site
Marina in Olhao won't let you get water unless you stay, so no water if filling up with diesel. As of couple weeks ago. There is (was?) a guy in Culatra who delivered, can''t remember name but if you asked in one of the bars they'll probably know. Also might be worth an ask in the little place other side of the ferry dock in Olhao.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Marina in Olhao won't let you get water unless you stay, so no water if filling up with diesel. As of couple weeks ago. There is (was?) a guy in Culatra who delivered, can''t remember name but if you asked in one of the bars they'll probably know. Also might be worth an ask in the little place other side of the ferry dock in Olhao.
His name is Jorge, hangs around the bar in Culatra, his number is +351 912 621 263

Quiddle

Visit site
Thanks. Didn't think Olhao was open to visiting boats at all. Is that not the case?

GHA

Visit site
Thanks. Didn't think Olhao was open to visiting boats at all. Is that not the case?
Pretty sure it's open if there's space. The marina has been redoing the other pontoons at the east side so rumours of them taking that over and sending the fishing boats to the harbour might be true. You used to get away with tying up on the outside there but no more, gate has a lock now.

GHA

Visit site
You're telling me. Lucky the dink didn't rip off the davits! Note to self - ALWAYS open drain.
Must be pretty lively out there......50Kt gusts at the airport.

q6Cu5wz.png

emandvee44

Visit site
"Also might be worth an ask in the little place other side of the ferry dock in Olhao"
That is the Grupo Naval Olhaoense harbour. It is a club (I was a member) but non-members can go in for water (and petrol). You need strong nerves and good manoeverability as you have to go to the last hammerhead, where there is a FW hose (Have a look on google earth and you will see what I mean?)No room to turn there so either stern in or bows in and reverse out until you have room to turn. Good depths even at low water. Fill up and wash down for 5 euros, but make sure you are in office hours or you will not be welcome. We went in there many times to fill up, never had a problem.
M.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I stopped there for a couple of nights about a week ago. I arrived late at night and tied up at the fuel pontoon, but they allowed me to stay the next night too. It seemed like they had a few spaces.