Ferry Inn booked

jimi

Visit site
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ferryinnrestaurant-weymouth.co.uk>Details of the Ferry Inn</A>

The Ship Inn wo'nt accept bookings, apparently they make more money from smaller faster moving groups. After ringing a few places The Ferry Inn is happy to accept us, I'll phone them on the Wed when we'll know the weather and have a better idea of numbers. Steve will send me a menu so we can give him an idea of what we want. He also says that he'll do fresh crab and fishy things that he can buy from the fish quay. He's an ex power boater who has converted to the light and wishes to buy a sailing yacht to cross the atlantic so is quite keen to tap into the collective experience of the forum.

<hr width=100% size=1>I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Looks good to me, Jimi. Nice menu - I will have all of that, please!

When it comes to cooking the steak, just whip off its horns and wipe its a*$e and it will be fine.

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm average size, Its just that everybody else is short.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Re: Off the hoof

There’s nothing like a nice big juicy bit of rump /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

jimi

Visit site
You moanin' Zeffie? See if ye can dae any better!

BarryH

Visit site
I ate in the Ferry Inn once..............about 6 or 7 years ago. Not been back since. Ha sit changed hands, cos last time I found it bloody awful. and thats coming from someone that goes to the caf' for his morning fry up by a woman called Rita...I kid you not!

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
There's always one, isn't there !!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

From my experience, you can agonise over a suitable location, with reasonable food at reasonable prices, who are happy to accept a booking for an unknown number who will have already been drinking before they arrive. Its made harder when you don't know all the people who say they are going to turn up.

Time is ebbing away, so you bite the bullet and make a decision, then some bugger says "I don't like that place!"

Can't say I've had the added complication of my own transport being out of service 2 weeks before the event though.

I don't know the Ferry Inn myself so Barry could well be right, but hopefully after 7 years it will have improved, and they have already indicated they will be keen to please us.

Stick to your guns, Jimi, Once the beer and wine has taken effect, everything will be alright on the night!

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm average size, Its just that everybody else is short.

BrendanS

Visit site
It'll be fine. If it's crap we'll all just have more to talk about - blaming you - and deciding where to eat on the Sunday night /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

how's the rudder situation looking????

<hr width=100% size=1>Utinam logica falsa tuam philisophiam totam suffodiant

jimi

Visit site
Used to that .. just gearing up to my scottish trip by getting used to crap food .. latest delicacy is deep fried battered chocolate spread sandwiches .. yum yum. Rudder is knackered .. inspected today and Beneteau agreed that it is in fact .. erm .. knackered .. they will replace with a new rudder and are keen to have the existing one for forensic examination .. I also am keen to learn whats gone wrong as had it failed completely at the wrong time I may have had lost rather more than a couple of weeks sailing!! Will know better by the end of the week the timings.