Faulty Dremel

Praxinoscope

Visit site
Had the similar thing happen, opened the unit up and found that the Iive wire was not making contact with the internal connector, re-fixed it and since then no problem.

TernVI

Visit site
Mains Dremel?
Personally, I'd check the switch and the brushes, fuse.
Continuity of mains lead.
Armature
Field windings
Speed controller thingy.

Hallberg-Rassy

Visit site
A handy, tangential hint if it does not come back from death. Before you junk it all, take it apart, then you can use part of the armature/shank assembly that holds the chucks in an ordinary electrical drill as a precision chuck for holding thin pilot drill and grinders etc. Shame to waste it.

Leighb

Visit site
There are several videos on the net showing how to diagnose and repair common faults. Mine just stopped, and it turned out to be a broken wire, which can often be repaired by careful unwinding and reconnection. Unfortunately mine had broken in such a way that this was not possible without some skilled soldering on thin wires, I ordered a replacement which came quite quickly and cost a fraction of the cost of a new Dremel.

Habebty

Visit site
Drexel are a rip off. I have had 2 fail with a broken field winding which i can fix, but is a pain. I now buy Lidl cordless equivalent for £16.

Eeyore

www.yachtrhumbdo.co.uk
Drexel are a rip off. I have had 2 fail with a broken field winding which i can fix, but is a pain. I now buy Lidl cordless equivalent for £16.
Snap! I've had two fail as well with field winding breaks, no replies from customer service. Binned them and bought a cheapo equivalent from a local Brunei store - no problems so far.