Fastnet 2021

Martin_J

Visit site
Although isn't one test being able to pull the piece of string (your track) tight and it being on the correct side of each mark.

I'm surprised the YBTracker hasn't included the Fastnet TSS as a mark in each direction, without that their DTF is still reducing.

sfellows

Visit site
I was following Rambler (as we saw her several times last week in the Solent - beautiful yacht)) on the Fastnet Tracker around the rock yesterday and wondered what advantage there was in going north again. I thought maybe it was to get a better slant on the wind.....

Now it seems clear they will be disqualified if the Race Rules are correct......

Luckily I am not the navigator on board. But even then the skipper has ultimate accountability.

Martin_J

Visit site
Well, the distance to finish is still counting down. I think the tracker should have included the NW corner of the TSS as an invisible mark and then at least the DTF would be increasing. That would have been a giveaway though!

Martin_J

Visit site
If we're a stickler for rules, I wonder why Edmund De Rothschild gets away with transmitting Maxi Solo Gutana 17 on their AIS...
7.2 in the Sailing Instructions...

Screenshot_20210810-113021_Drive.jpg

I notice a few also still transmitted Solo sailor even though single handing isn't permitted.

Nightmare for RNLI if you call yourself one thing on the radio but tell them your AIS is transmitting a different name entirely!!

Gixer

Visit site
As far as I can tell Rambler 88 is the only one to do this so far, you've got to feel for them..