FAO: Byron - Help! What is my boat?!

altnalodge

Visit site
P9100014.jpg

P9100015.jpg

Someone told me in another post that you would be able to tell me what make of boat is shown above and approximate year of manufacture. It was sold to me as a Shetland but Shetland Boats say it's not one of theirs! Your help will be gratefully received. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
I didn't say 'would', just that Byron is a walking encyclopedia, and is one of best to help you identify! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JKay

Visit site
Grooming Him /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

good looking boat looks like a good hull

cheers Joe

byron

RIP
Visit site
Definately not a Shetland I was involved with them from day one.

Whilst it looks like an early Microplus it is in fact a Camargue 16 built by a firm called Beavis Marine of Tollesbury in Essex. Here's the tech.spec.
length 16'
draft 9"
Max. headroom is 4'
Height above waterline is 5'6" (inc. screen)
Weight is 550 Lbs.
Maximum outboard is a 50hp.

Hope that helps. From the photos it looks to be in remarkable condition considering she was probably built in about 1972

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Byron, you've just justified me putting him in contact with you. The walking encylopedia wins again. Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]
Just out of interest they have a nice V shaped hull and give an incredibly soft ride in a chop, they went like bats out of hell with a 50 Merc. and could comfortably tow two skiers of average adult weight.

apollo

Visit site
They do and dont....

Spoke to the owner last year, they are still in Tollesbury and still moulding..... just not boats - Garden Ponds!

byron

RIP
Visit site
Probably long gone. There are still boat yards in Tollesbury maybe one of them will know. Or some old codger like me living in that area.

BarryH

Visit site
As an aside, ingnore my other post on your other thread and I see the trailer board cable is still on the foredeck. I do hope that there isn't a trailer strapped underneath the boat...............!!!!

altnalodge

Visit site
Thanks to all for your input. I can assure everyone that the trailer is not still strapped underneath and that she planes very well. For anyone interested see picture below - not bad for 36 years eh!!

pboat.jpg
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cooperschoctaw

Visit site
Thanks to all for your input. I can assure everyone that the trailer is not still strapped underneath and that she planes very well. For anyone interested see picture below - not bad for 36 years eh!!

pboat.jpg
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nice boat got one just like it, same colours. Lovely boat.