Falcon27 waste tank outlet

perry690

Visit site
Can anyone tell me where the waste tank pump out port is have just bought it? I have found both petrol caps and water can't find waste

pvb

Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming you've had a good look around. Maybe there isn't a pump-out deck fitting, perhaps the tank just goes out through a seacock.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Welcome to the madhouse.
Whilst factory fitted items like the petrol and water tanks may be in standard locations, after market fitting like waste water holding tanks will not be in a standard place. They’ll be wherever the person fitting the tank found easy.
With boat dating back to the likely age of your Falcon, it’s entirely possible that no holding tank is fitted: the heads just empty to sea. So you’ll need to follow the outlet hose from the head and see if it goes to a holding tank or whether it simply empties to sea. There’s a good chance that even if there is a tank fitted that it won’t have a pump out fitted but will simply drain out to sea, as pumpout stations weren‘t that common back in the day.

SiteSurfer

Visit site
As said above it may be as simple as one not begin fitted, although if the boat has previously used on inland waterways it has a fighting chance that there may have been one retrofitted.

Do you telltale signs like a 3-way valve near the heads, or a dodgy looking tank somewhere in a locker or under a seat?

If you are only planning to use inland waterways (and I am assuming the UK here) then you may find yourself having to put one in, I can recommend tek tanks for an easy and not prohibitively expensive DIY solution.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
how much to have holding tank fitted
How long is a piece of string? Have a look at this website Plastic Tanks for Water, Waste and Fuel - Tek-Tanks. Tek Tanks make a series of off the shelf tanks or they can fabricate one for you to fit a space on your boat. Anyhow, if you look through the site you’ll find some “how to“ info and you can also,work out roughly how much the materials will costs (tank, pipe work, valves, deck fittings etc): that’ll give you some idea of the order of costs you’re looking at.
I fitted a new 40 litre tank last year, did all the work myself. The tank was one of Tek Tanks standard off the shelf ones but the project cost me about £500 by the time all the new valves and pipework were included. Took me two days more or less continuous work to give you an idea of how much labour to cost in.
Final point, it’s worth going for quality in the tank and pipework. The reason I was fitting a new tank was because the old one, which was a “budget“ model, had become smellier than a smelly thing. Whilst it never leaked, the dour of the contents eventually sort of permeated the tank and pipework: it had to go. The old tank was the thickness of a good quality plastic fuel container, perhaps 1.5mm thick. The new tank is made of 10mm thick plastic......

Last edited: