Fairline Targa 40 w/Valiant D-270 Tender Outboard Size

danieleither

Visit site
As the title suggest, I have a T40 with the standard fit Valiant D-270 Tender. Fitted to this, is a Mariner 4hp which tucks away nicely into the garage without having to detach the motor. All well and good, however the 4hp is underwhelmingly poor, I can barely get the tender onto plane with 1 person in it. 1 Person and a dog there is no chance, not on any of the tilt settings.

I know I could fit a Mariner 6hp (as it is exactly the same size), but Ideally I would like to put an 8hp on there however I don't know if it will fit.

Does anyone have experience of using an 8hp with Valiant D-270 in a T40 garage, and if so does it fit without removing the outboard from the tender transom and which make / model outboard?

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I used a Tohatsu 9.8 two stroke with my D270. Absolutely flew - you could get it to plane with two fat blokes on board. You have to remove the engine cowling to close the garage door but in practice this isn't much of an inconvenience.

bluetooth

Visit site
Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke fits without any alterations. Just make sure tender fully inside when closing the door.
Been using it for last 3 years.
Some links on fairline-targa40.com i think