Failed to remove the shaft coupling

cherod

Visit site
Sure they have them, The alternative is a locking tab washer. Between the nut and prop it is a large washer with a tab that goes into the keyway, then you fold the washer outside edges onto the nut flats to stop it turning.
yes , if you have pre prepared and left a bit of pin showing , prob not if the bolt is flush fitting .
edit , sorry mis read , yes there is the type with the tab , if there is a space / gap for it , again pre prepared ?

Lucas Gan

Visit site
Thank you.

Trim tabs tried before, working good.

Yesterday has another situation is that the port engine won't start. Found it's the starter terminal rusted caused the voltage dropped and generated high heat at the terminal. I just released the cables, sanded them. Now back to normal.

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
Thank you.

Trim tabs tried before, working good.

Yesterday has another situation is that the port engine won't start. Found it's the starter terminal rusted caused the voltage dropped and generated high heat at the terminal. I just released the cables, sanded them. Now back to normal.
Did you try start out of water

Lucas Gan

Visit site
@gordmac I have very good luck already. Everything is just sorted by the members support here.

The only last thing is the locking nut tomorrow.

Oh, there is one more thing that needs a 3/8" to 1/4" hose adapter to connect the seal vent hose to the old hose.

I am happy to solve all the problems with my own hands, learned a lot! Thanks a lot!

fisherman

Visit site
These bolts look like the ones to the clamp. They're too long. They are around 84mm. I need something between 50mm to 58mm. Found a supplier, but just need to wait for a few more days. So it's ok to change them one by one later when the boat is on the water.
ASAP bolts are 2 3/4 in from top of bolt head, so 69mm

Lucas Gan

Visit site
Oh. Thanks. But mine can only maximum use 50mm. I have bought some 45mm A4 stainless unf bolts. Should deliver in the next two days.

Lucas Gan

Visit site
Boat safe home now. The propellers and shaft working good, the shaft seals have a few drops, I will have to put a container underneath to check how much water will come in.

On the way back, the biggest challenge is the port side engine suddenly stopped and can't restart. It looks like the fuel pipe has air in and can't prime anymore even with an electric fuel pump and hand prim pump work together. Or maybe the fuel level is too low? I always doubt the fuel gauge even I have replaced the fuel tank sender last year and the gauge point to half tanks. The one engine makes me a bit difficult to moor the boat as I always count on the twin-engine to control the stern angle.

The next jobs list during the next coming weeks or months could be:

1. Engine fule system check
2. All gauge check and replacement, add a new NMEA 2000 converter and display
3. All wire check
4. Starboard fuel tank rebuilt

So I think I am going to start a few new threads when those jobs started and incurred a problem which I am sure it will. Thanks for all of your support and help!

Last edited:

kashurst

Visit site
Good to hear you back safe. The port engine problem will hopefully be something simple, blockage, leak or you just ran out of diesel.
Yes please start a new thread when you have recovered.