Facnor 165 furler parts

jwilson

Visit site
Having just replaced a complete Facnor SD165 genoa furling system from a 35 ft Jeanneau with a different make, I have the quite new top swivel unit for sale. These cost about £700 for the part alone, and this one was fitted in late 2018 at a total cost of over £1,000. This swivel is the new LX type which is heavier duty than the original swivel supplied, and is internally greased. According to the main agents these should last longer than the original lighter type - which in my case died twice after about 6-7 years. These new versions turn smoothly but with some resistance - it feels exactly as it did when taken out of the box new two years ago.

The remainder of the furler parts can be thrown in if required: usable foil sections, an old early type top swivel, and a currently unusable bottom drum unit. The drum unit has bearing problems, making furling very jerky and stiff. Supposedly Facnor’s drum and swivel bearings are non-replacable, but there are those who have done so - see the thread at Facnor SD165 Upper Swivel Bearings

I have posted before about problems with the Facnor furler: the 2018 new version swivel is actually the third unit fitted from new in 2004/5. The drum was replaced in 2012 at over £1,400, and is now stiff again.

This may suit someone who has need of a top swivel or foil sections, or who wants a whole furler and is prepared to have a go at replacing bearings. I was thinking of £250 for the good newish swivel, all else thrown in free if you wish. All ashore in Falmouth. I will post photos later. PM me if interested please.

jwilson

Visit site
Photos now attached here - price £200 for the good newish swivel, anything else free with the swivel ...

Attachments

• facnor2.jpg
    facnor2.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 26
  • facnor3.jpg
    facnor3.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: