Experience of Alicante marina

Goodroaming

Visit site
Thanks for the update and the info. From that list, which ones have nice towns? We want to narrow down to 3-4 possibilities and visit prior to overwintering.

Goodroaming

Visit site
Thanks anyways! If you hear of ANY liveaboard that has a Spanish Visa, we would love to hear their experience. What did you like about wintering in BCN? Do you have your boat now in Palma? I hear its beautiful.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Thanks anyways! If you hear of ANY liveaboard that has a Spanish Visa, we would love to hear their experience. What did you like about wintering in BCN? Do you have your boat now in Palma? I hear its beautiful.
Our posts are crossing.... Port Vell is right in the thick of it, it's a basin like, below the hubbub, so you can dip in and out of the city, Palma is like a mini Barcelona with eye-watering berthing costs! We are boatless at present, waiting for all the rubbish to claim down before the hunt starts again. If I do come across someone going for the Visa I will ask.....good luck.

Goodroaming

Visit site
Our posts are crossing.... Port Vell is right in the thick of it, it's a basin like, below the hubbub, so you can dip in and out of the city, Palma is like a mini Barcelona with eye-watering berthing costs! We are boatless at present, waiting for all the rubbish to claim down before the hunt starts again. If I do come across someone going for the Visa I will ask.....good luck.
Thanks! Haha I can be frugal except when it comes to those amazing experiences. Enjoy! Good luck with your future boat hunting. We want to get the visa first-our guarantee we can stay -and then go shopping for a future sea home :) .

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks for the update and the info. From that list, which ones have nice towns? We want to narrow down to 3-4 possibilities and visit prior to overwintering.
We live for part of the year in Altea. Most bars/restaurants stay open. Much the same in Denia and Alicante, but not Calpe. I’m probably biased but I’d choose Altea!

Goodroaming

Visit site
We live for part of the year in Altea. Most bars/restaurants stay open. Much the same in Denia and Alicante, but not Calpe. I’m probably biased but I’d choose Altea!
Thanks. I like to hear members preferences and experience! What are the things you like about Altea? Is it rolly? How’s the town?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks. I like to hear members preferences and experience! What are the things you like about Altea? Is it rolly? How’s the town?
No, it’s very sheltered and the town is quite lively even in winter, dozens of bars and restaurants in Altea and Albir, many of them of an excellent standard. The club Nautico Altea bar and restaurant is very good too, so you don’t have to go far for good food. And there’s a couple of good supermarkets less than 5 minutes walk away.

Goodroaming

Visit site
No, it’s very sheltered and the town is quite lively even in winter, dozens of bars and restaurants in Altea and Albir, many of them of an excellent standard. The club Nautico Altea bar and restaurant is very good too, so you don’t have to go far for good food. And there’s a couple of good supermarkets less than 5 minutes walk away.
Good to hear,! I’ll add Altea to our list. Thanks.

Peterlewis321

Visit site
@Peterlewis321 do you ever go to Sardine Bay?

Anyone know if there are any other bays worth visiting between Javea and Moraira?

Also, does anyone know when they bring the mooring buoys in for the winter?
Yes we have been to Cala Sardinero many times for day and overnight trips-gets very busy in July-August though. It is a good spot unless the wind/Swell is from the North/North West then it becomes uncomfortable but otherwise nicely sheltered. Buoys tend to come in during October I think-but be very wary of the buoys in any case as some really are not very secure (and depending on your boat length many are far too close together/too close to rocks atleast for us at 14m) so would always suggest snorkelling to double check particularly if planning to stay overnight!! Or anchor ofcourse.

There are some other great spots between Javea and Moraira (like Cala Grenadella) but they are all very open to anything from NW to SE and so in my opinion can only really be used when the weather is really benign and/or easterly. And I’d suggest only really for day trips.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I have just turned up at Javea a few times - no problem.
We called on Ch9 and were allocated a berth. Very friendly and they even let us use the pool that is normally reserved for berth holders. Other people have reported extreme rudeness! Nice shabby chic marina with floating pontoons and lots of restaurants nearby.

Looks like there's lots of nice anchorages south of Javea too.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Yes we have been to Cala Sardinero many times for day and overnight trips-gets very busy in July-August though. It is a good spot unless the wind/Swell is from the North/North West then it becomes uncomfortable but otherwise nicely sheltered. Buoys tend to come in during October I think-but be very wary of the buoys in any case as some really are not very secure (and depending on your boat length many are far too close together/too close to rocks atleast for us at 14m) so would always suggest snorkelling to double check particularly if planning to stay overnight!! Or anchor ofcourse.

There are some other great spots between Javea and Moraira (like Cala Grenadella) but they are all very open to anything from NW to SE and so in my opinion can only really be used when the weather is really benign and/or easterly. And I’d suggest only really for day trips.
The mooring buoys did look very close to the rocks! So close in fact that I wondered if they were there as a warning. Am I right in thinking that they're all red (the ones where we are are all white) ? Are there any usage restrictions (e.g. length, time)? Anyhow, it's a great free of charge amenity.

Peterlewis321

Visit site
The mooring buoys did look very close to the rocks! So close in fact that I wondered if they were there as a warning. Am I right in thinking that they're all red (the ones where we are are all white) ? Are there any usage restrictions (e.g. length, time)? Anyhow, it's a great free of charge amenity.
Only some are close to the rocks-there are plenty that are far enough out for most boats that fall within the restrictions-and that is <15m loa for the yellow ones and I think <10m for the green ones. As you say, a great free service just be a bit wary of their condition!

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Does anyone know if the marina to starboard as you enter Denia port is floating pontoons? Or better still if you can borrow a pasarelle from the posh marina to port as you enter?
No-they are fixed concrete pontoons with normal stern to mooring. On the port side as you enter there are 2 marinas-Marina Denia (my home port) nearest the entrance and then the Club Nautico. Marina Denia does not rent passarelles as far as I know - no idea about the Club Nautico I’m afraid.