Expensive diesel on the river

normskib

For the award of the most expensive diesel on the River Thames I would like to nominate Bourn End Marina there charging £1.60 per Ltr and just for good measure I was quoted £30. For The use of a single pump out !!! So that’s my nomination unless of course you have a more promising candidate.

Chris_d

Bourne End marina has always been expensive but that price doesn't sound too bad in comparison to road prices, assume its 60/40.

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
For the award of the most expensive diesel on the River Thames I would like to nominate Bourn End Marina there charging £1.60 per Ltr and just for good measure I was quoted £30. For The use of a single pump out !!! So that’s my nomination unless of course you have a more promising candidate.
I’d be delighted at that, it’s over £2/l at some coastal marinas.

Time Out

I filled up at Shepperton on Sunday. First time diesel boat owner. No idea how much it actually was per litre !

All I do know is that it was cheaper than the car ;)

Outinthedinghy

Interesting to know how much Better Boating is charging. They always seem to be able to just sell you red diesel rather than getting all het up about the ratio thing.

Which is good. Don't know how much they are as have not been past Reading yet this year.

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
I only know my days of seagoing at 20 plus knots are over for a while.
It'll be 8-10 when we venture out in June !
You’ll need a waterline length of 55ft to have a hull speed of 10kts. Anything over hull speed will burn fuel at an alarming rate until you’re up on the plane. Semi-displacement pours a lot of energy in to creating a big wake. There’s a useful hull speed calculator here: Hull Speed Calculator — Optimal Vessel Speed

Mark26

That was a useful link Robih, thank you.

Mine cruises at 6 kts happily all day. It will do 7 but I don’t like to, because of the noise, and the fuel consumption doubles.

Your calculator says mine has a hull speed of 7.23kts