Expanded use of this section??

bluedragon

Visit site
Hi everybody...I just wondered if this section ought to be re-named and made active as a "Bristol Channel Cruising Section" to give us a local forum group, not necessarily aligned to any one meet or event, and encompassing sail and motor boats? Two issues here I suppose a) is there any broad based support for this idea, and b) would YBW form rules allow it?? Thoughts and comments??

LizzyD

Visit site
Count me in. I check this thread everytime I come on line but there's rarely anything on. I'll contribute as best I can.

LD

1937rogerdon

Visit site
Fully agree, the post has not been moving. It should be open to all Power & Sail.
Could it be linked to the Bristol Channel Yachting Ass (BCYA), which gives full details of various club events

Q

quimby

Come on now! more postings please. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

graham

Visit site
I have been working lately so not much sailing. Our Kids did a two day dinghy course run by CBYC sailing school. I can recommend it to anyone interested.They dont waste any time on theory,course started at 1000 Kids(beginners)sailing by 1100 .Non members can take out temporary membershiop I think. One of my sons was a bit nervous before but thoroughly enjoyed it despite being the first capsize of the day.

Despite doing lots of sailing with us on bigger boats I think they learned more than they ever have or would with us.

T1002.jpg

T1006.jpg

bluedragon

Visit site
Going back to my original suggestion to rename and expand the usage of this section...who is the owner / who started this in 2006?? Any objections to changing its scope? Please let us know. The BCYA forum I mentioned is not really being used and it seems most Bristol Channel folk would prefer to be here. Any other views or comments?

graham

Visit site
I think you are absolutely right.Im sure if this forum was renamed it would become more popular.Theres quite a few of us here who sail the Bristol Channel.

I dont know why they dont delete the old unused forums such as those set up for the various Cherbourg trips over the years.

graham

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This is an old unused forum!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point Brendan rather than start a new forum why not give this one a new lease on life with a name change.

There are quite a few of us on here who plough furrows in the brown Bristol Channel water now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
No one is the owner, other than ybw. Leyton and a few others started it in Nov 2005 or thereabouts, with specific intent of a meeting or two in 2006, which is why it is now in the archive section.

Just ask Keith for a Bristol Channel/Severn Estuary etc etc forum if that is what you want.