ex Gladys...

tillergirl

Visit site
It is critical for the insurance that you drill the holes! Incidentally is the hole gonna be 27mm, 28mm, or 29mm? If I measure the thingy it is 27mm; the Americans say drill a '1 and 1/8 hole or 28mm' but a UK holesaw bit for '1 and 1/8 will be 29mm'. Which? You are the consultant and you must still have insurance cover?

pvb

Visit site
Well, after much heart searching , Gladys is sold and will be off to Cobh in Ireland in a few weeks. Over the recent years I've got really fed up with boat maintenance with a dicky knee an hip, and have decided to swallow the anchor maybe only temporarily...

In my experience, selling a much-loved boat is a strange blend of relief and sadness. I've felt the same about every boat I've sold, especially the last one, which I'd owned for 19 years. Walking away from it along the pontoon after doing the handover to the excited new owners was a real bleary-eyed moment. But, some months later, I bought another boat, and perhaps you will too - your "maybe only temporarily" is encouraging! ;)

Laurie

Visit site
Can't now go sailing with him, can't get him out on the m/bike................who the hell going to tell me what computery electronicals to get/fix/set up???