Event on for evening of 9th May

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
"Well done" hardly seems to cover it Brendan. Many thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.
We're in and it looks like there will be three of us on the boat now.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
All you need to do know is arrange the weather. About 75deg should do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew! That sounds a bit hot! mid 20's would do nicely.

KevB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All you need to do know is arrange the weather. About 75deg should do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew! That sounds a bit hot! mid 20's would do nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never go skinny dipping in anything less than 75!!

BrendanS

Visit site
That's great, thanks. We'll co-opt a few others on the evening to help if necessary, so no one is left on the desk too long. I plan on putting the table inside the room, so it could be quite sociable anyway, and gives plenty of opportunity to meet everyone as they arrive.

BrendanS

Visit site
There has been a hiccup with payment arrangements. Hopefully details tomorrow.
In the past IPC have been the repository of cheques, but they can't do it this time. The restaurant have been contacted and are considering if they can handle it logistically (all staff will have to understand that they need to log a username as well as a real name for cheque or phone call credit card payment, which may be an issue, as I and they only know the usernames of people attending)

Anyone got any other ideas or how to go about it. Cheques to me is no good, as I'm moving shortly. Paypal is not an option, as too many people don't have accounts or refuse to use it. Ideally the restaurant will take on the task, but we need a back up plan.

P4Paul

Visit site
how about opening a bank account in a name such as "ybw meet", pm people the account details and then they can pay electronically or by bank transfer using their user name as the reference. I have no idea how easy it would be, but it seems feasable.

BrendanS

Visit site
Not in the timescales we are working to! It takes ages to open an account, and what proof do we have of what ybw meet is, it's registered address, proof of ownership, etc, etc.

strakeryrius

chasing some sunshine - or a cold beer - or both
Visit site
Would an esteemed long-standing forumite who is coming to the meet be prepared to act as Meet Treasurer, using their own bank account to hold and disburse the cash? I would offer to do it, but haven't been a forumite very long so people who haven't yet met me may not trust me with their dosh. Anybody else care to do it?

Paying by online banking would simplify the whole thing, if payment reference given was the username on the forum. The treasurer could then easily just PM the sender a quick acknowledgement and everything could be done electronically.