Event on for evening of 9th May

BrendanS

Visit site
We have come up with a solution. We are now going to hold the event in the bar and restaurant on site. They will hire a smaller marquee so that berth holders/regulars wishing to dine that evening can be accomodated.

They will have to hire extra glasses, cutlery etc and put on extra staff of course, but confident that they can handle up to 120 forumites for the meet.

The cost will be £25 per head but this is far better than the £35 which it would have been with the bigger marquee to accomodate us, and we have the benefit of it being held indoors now.

Is this acceptable, and do we still have the 100 ish people who have signed up.

As well as the generous £800 donation from MDL Marinas towards the event, they are also providing free berthing for boats attending on the night of the 9th, which I'm sure everyone will recognise as a great gesture towards the meet, and will help offset the cost of the meet for those attending by boat.

Many thanks to the Waters Edge Restaurant and MDL for coming up with this alternative.

Thoughts and comments please. If the comments are favourable, I'll organise sending cheques in

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Excellent! We held our post KIDS OUT rally there last year, just after the new, current, people had taken over, they did a great job in looking after us.

BrendanS

Visit site
Exlusive use of the bar and restaurant, hire of a smaller marquee to accomodate other diners(this was a sticking point with the marina, as they wanted their berth holders to have access to the restaurant as normal), hire of cutlery plate and glasses for the additional numbers, hot and cold buffet, free berthing for boats attending, and everything on site instead of needing buses or taxis to and from boats, and a brilliant evening.

maybh1

Visit site
Well done Brendan.

£25.00 PP sounds like a bargain /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif especially with a nights mooring thrown in

May
XX

BrendanS

Visit site
Hopefullyy posting that info tomorrow, and will probably be to ybw as for previous meets, rather than to an individual forumite. I just hope people can follow instructions this time, and put their username on the back of the cheque, as marrying up forum usernames and real names on cheques has been a challenge on occasion! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[2068]

Visit site
I can definitely sell £25 per adult head to swmbo. At what age do children count as a "head"? Ours is only four and will probably barely nibble a burger.

BrendanS

Visit site
How do people think about under 14's as free, and 14 to 16 at £10 - though the food is not going to be child friendly with burgers and chips etc as it's food that can be prepared during the day, not cooked on the spot, as the numbers with the restaurant running as normal as well, would be too much.

BrendanS

Visit site
The other condition we have is that we restrict access to people that have paid. Requested by restaurant. In the past Martin Woolwich did this superbly, as he ran an entertainment company for a living before and printed us the most incredible badges from a one off website (ask Pauline about her pink badge!), before he went to live in Canada with his family.

Can anyone do anything similar, even if just printing plain white sticky paper labels? And would a few people volunteer for desk at entrance ( so no one has to do hours at a time) issueing paper sticker labels and keeping the numbers down to what we have paid for (polite gentle people preferred to bouncers!)

maybh1

Visit site
Brendan I am happy to do a stint at the desk. I have, at times, been known to be both polite and gentle (although I have also bounced a bit in my time /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

We are hoping (tides and skiving a day off allowing) to arrive there on the Friday. If there is anything other I can do - just ask

May
xx

BrendanS

Visit site
Polite and gentle I take for granted, from you and hwmbo
Bouncing at the desk should be all that is required! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm hoping that Lakesailor isn't reading this, or it could get very graphic