EU Green Certificate

shan

Visit site
Some background info: I had both of my jabs in the UK (the 2nd one was on the 17th of June). I have just received my Portuguese health number (yesterday).

I want to get an EU Green Certificate - is this possible seeing as my jabs were done in the UK? If so, does anyone have experience of doing it and if so, how did you go about it?

Stingo

Visit site
If you're on Facepoo, there's a fantastic group called British expats in Portugal. Have a dig through the Files section, where you'll find all sorts of useful info.
EDIT:ignore all the posts, which are 99.9% utter bollx and petty bickering

shan

Visit site
If you're on Facepoo, there's a fantastic group called British expats in Portugal. Have a dig through the Files section, where you'll find all sorts of useful info.
EDIT:ignore all the posts, which are 99.9% utter bollx and petty bickering
Not on Facebook but doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

nortada

Visit site
Some background info: I had both of my jabs in the UK (the 2nd one was on the 17th of June). I have just received my Portuguese health number (yesterday).

I want to get an EU Green Certificate - is this possible seeing as my jabs were done in the UK? If so, does anyone have experience of doing it and if so, how did you go about it?

An interesting problem, which I suspect will tax many.

The current rapid increase in Covid numbers all over Portugal is resulting in stricter regulations, which increasingly involve proof of immunisation. Your NHS Covid Certificate may meet this requirement

The Council of Ministers meet every Thursday afternoon in Lisbon to review the current situation and decide the way ahead.

The outcome of this meeting is posted (in English) later that day.

The latest report (8th July) is at Council of Ministers Press Conference Thursday 8th July 2021 | Safe Communities Portugal. Subsequent realeases will be available on this link.

Back to your OP.

Jabbed in Portugal, we then went on the SNS24 Covid App (Certificado Digital COVID | SNS24), which is primarly in Portuguese but there is a translation into English available. Using our Date of birth and Portuguese Health (Utente) Number, we were able to access our EU Digital Covid Cetificate. It is a PDF (password protected file). Your password is your Utente Number.

Whilst I appreciate you want to convert your UK Covid Certificate into an EU Certificate, this app may give you the answer or the contact to get it done.

Now my question, how do we get the NHS to issue us with UK Covid Passports on the basis of our EU Certificates?

As indicated earlier, we hope that both the EU and UK will accept each other’s certification.

Having recently returned from Portugal, currently, we are still in house quarantine but when this is completed, we intend to see if our EU Digital Certificates are accepted in the UK.

As many others will be in a similar situation, please advise how you get on. We will do the same.

Last edited:

shan

Visit site
Nortada, thanks for putting together your reply. I received a response on another forum saying that I should go to my local Sentro de Saude and take a copy of my NHS Covid Certificate and that they will upload it onto my Portuguese health records, so I'm going to give that a go when I get a chance.

nortada

Visit site
Nortada, thanks for putting together your reply. I received a response on another forum saying that I should go to my local Sentro de Saude and take a copy of my NHS Covid Certificate and that they will upload it onto my Portuguese health records, so I'm going to give that a go when I get a chance.

Hi Shan,

Sorry, think I was still editing my message when you replied.

Form experience, a trip to the Centro de Saude usually works. My response assumed, you were still in the UK?

Whilst I don’t ‘use’ Facebook, I am always interested in all sources available so please post the link to the Facebook page, British Expats in Portugal.

Last edited:

shan

Visit site
Update - I went down to the Centro de Sade this morning and they have added my vaccination records to my Portuguese health file. I have also been given a Portuguese vaccination certificate and apparently the information will be uploaded to my online health records within a few days, which means I can get an EU green certificate.

nortada

Visit site
Update - I went down to the Centro de Sade this morning and they have added my vaccination records to my Portuguese health file. I have also been given a Portuguese vaccination certificate and apparently the information will be uploaded to my online health records within a few days, which means I can get an EU green certificate.

Glad to hear that all went well. Hopefully converting our EU Digital Covid Certificates to NHS Passport will be as easy.

In addition, we will see if our EU Digital Covid Certificates are acceptable in the UK. Fortunately they are in English.

nortada

Visit site
Got my EU Green Certificate. The information seemed to be uploaded pretty quickly.

Having wandered around their app, without success, I have given up on getting an NHS Covid Passport and will rely on my EU Digital Covid Certificate. To make life easier I will get a hard copy.

nortada

Visit site
My question, how do we get the NHS to issue us with UK Covid Passports on the basis of our EU Certificates?

Question answered, now back in the UK, we went to our local GP, armed with copies of our AstraZeneca double vaccination cards. The receptionist was charming and conformed that she would take all the actions required to register the jabs we got in Portugal, with the NHS so now to get the NHS Covid Passport❓

In the meantime, we will continue to carry copies of our AZ vaccination Cards.

As an aside, having just completed 10 days quarantine in the UK, we were surprised to get a scripted phone call everyday, confirming we were following the quarantine rules. Additionally, NHS visited us twice to confirm we were at or quarantine address. I asked one of the checkers, “What happens if, when they called we were not there?” Answer, “The local police are advised and they will take over checking.?

Asking around, I understand, the police do turn-up in a squad car out, side you address and await your return.

Anybody had similar experiences.