ETIAS implementation delayed.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
ETIAS website gives details about a postponment of the implementation from 2021 to the end of 2022. So no official check on Schengen entry and exit until they have solved some major difficulties.

I suspect that one of the problems is that a 3rd country citizen who is resident of a Schengen state is restricted to 90/180 in the rest of Schengen which is illogical. I think that the Polish challenge to EU law is or will complicate any EU wide solution to whatever difficulties the EU is experiencing.

Actually no hint on the ETIAS website about what these difficulties are.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I see that the site says ETIAS will start at the end of 2022. However, the exact launch date is not known but ETIAS will be up and running by late 2022.

Another complication for my wife. She will need a Schengen visa to enter Schengen area UNLESS she has a Greek residency card and is accompanied by or joining me.

I'm still not certain what she qualifies for in Greece. I get a "buff card" as an EU citizen (possibly converted later to a bio-metric card). She has to apply to a different department for some other document and I've no idea if that entitles her to a bio-metric card.

No doubt I'll find out in due course.