Etap 20

Simonbarton

Visit site
Hi I have recently purchased a 20ft Etap but it has a snapped mast. It is a 4.8mtr mast, would anyone be able to suggest whether it was able to be repaired (It is also bent) or better still have a secondhand mast approximatly this size?

Many thanks Simon

peterhull

Visit site
Hi I have recently purchased a 20ft Etap but it has a snapped mast. It is a 4.8mtr mast, would anyone be able to suggest whether it was able to be repaired (It is also bent) or better still have a secondhand mast approximatly this size?

Many thanks Simon
It is possible to sleeve a mast but personally I would not do it. The problem you may be faced with a second hand mast is rigging. Existing rigging may not fit the mast fittings. You may also have to change the mast step… It may be worth contacting a rigging fitting firm. They sometimes have second hand masts or may be able to help with the whole project. Worth asking.

peterhull

Visit site
It is possible to sleeve a mast but personally I would not do it. The problem you may be faced with a second hand mast is rigging. Existing rigging may not fit the mast fittings. You may also have to change the mast step… It may be worth contacting a rigging fitting firm. They sometimes have second hand masts or may be able to help with the whole project. Worth asking.
You may be better posting this on the reader to reader forum for advice rather than wanted forum. You get a better response and advice