Essentials.... and otherwise

Visit site
I find myself intrigued by the bits of gear others find truly essential.... and the bits that aren't.

Likewise, the really clever modifications large and small that others come up with to make their time on board more convenient...

For example, LED headtorches. Took a handful, dirt cheap from LIDL. Similarly, LED camping lantern using 'D-cells'. Very glad to have it when 2 separate wired-in nav light systems failed. Oh, and I also used D-cell P & S lights secured with Gaffer tape.

Your turn.... :D

Gargleblaster

Visit site
If it moves and it shouldn't use gaffer tape. If it doesn't move and it should use WD40. that just about covers it although for more complex repairs I sometimes resort to Araldite and a kitchen knife.

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
If it moves and it shouldn't use gaffer tape. If it doesn't move and it should use WD40. that just about covers it although for more complex repairs I sometimes resort to Araldite and a kitchen knife.

You forgot to mention " for everything else - Sikaflex".

As for my list, last year's circum saw Khamsin overloaded with comms and nav stuff - most not used or needed . But you never know................

Spare 110Ah battery - definitely needed, without which I would have been stuck outside Ardglass politely shouting HELP !