"Entering Portugal" effective from today.

nortada

Visit site
I did this route on 8/3 with no probs. Also PCR and residencia cert. on phone which I showed through the glass without issue.
Dutch boat sailed from Albufeira to Portimao last week and got €1000 fine for his trouble?. If engine issues sorted will be heading N on Wednesday with no intention of landing before UK but will chat with police 1st.
Best of luck with the trip.???

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Dutch boat sailed from Albufeira to Portimao last week and got €1000 fine for his trouble?

We are planning to resume our cruise tomorrow, heading from Cascais to Troia. Troia say they have spaces, recreational sports up to 4 people are allowed from tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, after everything else that has happened a huge fine would be the last straw.

- W

nortada

Visit site
We are planning to resume our cruise tomorrow, heading from Cascais to Troia. Troia say they have spaces, recreational sports up to 4 people are allowed from tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, after everything else that has happened a huge fine would be the last straw.

- W

You could have a quick word with SEF before you depart. Bit of top cover and all that.

Passage making seems more acceptable than day sailing.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
You could have a quick word with SEF before you depart. Bit of top cover and all that.

Passage making seems more acceptable than day sailing.

We have been told SEF are not involved for transits within Portugal, but we should see the Capitania - so off there first thing to see what the craic is.

- W

nortada

Visit site
Capitania sounds correct, otherwise Policia Maritima.
In Lagos/Portimao SEF appear to be in the chair but the GNR also have a small power launch and interrogate boats. Just hope their driving is better than their boat handling.

I have been told that the Polica Maritima and SEF are both sub-divisions within the GNR❓

All in all, vintage Portugal, everybody thinks they are in charge and sings from their own hymn sheet.?

Webby hope you have a good trip tomorrow✅

Look forward to hearing how you get on.?

Last edited:

Beneteau381

Visit site
I did this route on 8/3 with no probs. Also PCR and residencia cert. on phone which I showed through the glass without issue.
Dutch boat sailed from Albufeira to Portimao last week and got €1000 fine for his trouble?. If engine issues sorted will be heading N on Wednesday with no intention of landing before UK but will chat with police 1st.
Quick Turtle by any chance?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Dunno the name. Saw it leaving in a bit of SE'terly chop (least the green water will have cleared the cursed Saharan sand off the decks!). Steel with slutter rig. Details of fine came to me 2nd hand.
There been many report of yacht arriving in Portugal some in transit no report of fined as yet.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Dunno the name. Saw it leaving in a bit of SE'terly chop (least the green water will have cleared the cursed Saharan sand off the decks!). Steel with slutter rig. Details of fine came to me 2nd hand.
Ah, wasnt my mate, he has a Bene 411. The you describe sounds like a young couple with a family we metlast year

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Here in Troia the marina have said they will email the Capitania / Policia Maritima in Setubal to get permission when we want to transit to Sines (maybe Friday)

As always in Portugal the answer seems to be to be open honest and friendly and those in authority will reciprocate and help out.

- W

greeny

Visit site
Not heard of anyone being fined here in Portimao and news like this usually travels fast in the boatyard liveaboards. I'm down there most days at the moment helping a friend. I'll make a point of asking a few "knowledgeable" people tomorrow and see what they know. Not that it matters now with restrictions being eased.
Small boats are beginning to move here with the boatyard launch ramp parking area having a dozen or so newly appeared trailers on it. Looks like they went fishing early, before I got there today. Still 10 or so "long stay" liveaboard cruising boats in the anchorage so no big exodus happening up to now.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Policia Maritima still unclear as to when general sailing will be possible, may be delayed until the 19th.

Seems easy enough to get permission to move from a to b though.

- W

nortada

Visit site
Policia Maritima still unclear as to when general sailing will be possible, may be delayed until the 19th.

- W

My experience in Portugal is if you ask you normally get but because, regularly, different agencies have a different take on an issue, if at all possible get written authority.

Not always easy as officials are often reluctant to record their ruling in writing.

If this is not possible, get the name (rank) of your authority and then contact your destination and advise your intention to arrive. Better still if you can get the individual authorising your actions to make this contact for you.

So with any luck Sines on Friday and then around the corner into summer.✅

Fair winds and calm seas.?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
- W

Most people in authority seem to have differing opinions, which is quite normal for Portugal. As things stand at the moment, safer to obtain permission to move as you have been doing. Although the Faro club water taxi has started operating again this week, we still have to notify police before we return to the mooring.

Quiddle

Visit site
Most people in authority seem to have differing opinions, which is quite normal for Portugal. As things stand at the moment, safer to obtain permission to move as you have been doing. Although the Faro club water taxi has started operating again this week, we still have to notify police before we return to the mooring.
Visited Policia Maritimo in Albufeira today and told them of my plans: head toward UK tomorrow with no visits ashore but anchoring off overnight. After much perusing of his phone he told me that was OK as I was returning home. I asked if I needed any documentation and was told no, but I took a note of his name from his badge.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
There's a run of Southerlies starting tomorrow, good for Quiddle but enough to keep us here in Sunny Troia until the weekend or Monday, when we will seek permission to go to Sines. More Southerlies after that. We are not in a hurry though, just glad to be out of Cascais.

No-one seems to know when normal movement will be possible, though the 19th is being bandied about.

- W

andyc352

Visit site
We left Albufeira yesterday and are now anchored at Culatra. Police rib was zooming about yesterday whilst we were sailing but didn’t come near us. We’re half expecting to get a visit from them this morning but no sign of them yet. It’s pretty windy here so perhaps they’re hunkered down like everyone else.