Emtrak R100 help (Shore Station AIS contributor)

Bertonumber1

Visit site
Hello guys n girls,

I've been a member for a while and haven't really posted before now.
I am a licensed amateur in Scotland UK and have been uploading to numerous AIS websites covering the Firth of Clyde and River Clyde areas.

My PC / rtl-sdr radio / AIS antenna station has seen better days so I bought an emtrak r100 as an upgrade and am completely baffled.

I would like to use the receiver solely on the pc however I understand I need some form of adapter cable to feed AIS dispatcher/NMEA.
If I read correctly this adapter is an RS422 NMEA Serial to USB adapter cable and would let me connect the receiver to a 13.8v power supply
(vhf radio) and feed opencpn with the data from the receiver?
I have learned that the supplied USB is only for entering details into the receiver (mmsi, /proais2 etc)

I am beginning to have my doubts if it is even possible to run the receiver solely on the Windows 10 pc I have, do any of you folk have any experience with this.

Any help or advice is appreciated TIA

Regards

Rob

matt1

Visit site
Sorry can’t help you but can vouch for Emtrak’s support being very good and I’m sure they will be happy to help you. I’ve had to deal with them on a couple of occasions (most recently a couple of weeks ago) and they sorted my problems within a day or two