electronic float switch, 2 WaterWitches later, need something more reliable, Ideas???

vas

Visit site
What I am surprised about is : seller of Waterwitch has stayed very quiet on here about it ...
didn't know there was one in ybw tbh.
but again, what could s/he do?
defend
or
apologise

either way s/he's not getting any more business from the viewers of this thread (I don't think so at least!) so, why dig a bigger hole :rolleyes:

V.

Plum

Visit site

starfire

Visit site
well, a month later, today I powered the breaker as I was checking something, surely greywater pump fired up and was about to turn off the breaker when the thing stopped on its own.
Now I may have been too fast in assuming it's not going to work, but it seems that it eventually did work after all. Remember that's a brand new out of the box waterwitch.
Anyway, as I've got other projects going on and my back is not at it's best these days, I'll fit that for now and sort out the pressure sensor version of it when I have time (pretty sure that's going to be next winter (or lockdown whichever comes first...)
Thinking of "helping" the sender live a bit longer by adding it to the boat BMS and only power it when someone's onboard. Emptying the greywater tank is highly unlikely to be needed when the boat is unoccupied unless I get a waterleak, hence thinking about getting the freshwater pump on the same relay for good measure.

we shall see and I'll report back when I get the pressure version going.

cheers

V.

Some boats link the grey water breaker, through a relay to the freshwater pump supply.

You have no water pressure unless the grey water pump is on.

Imho a good idea.

Bit like another boat where a high level alarm switch in the bilge is linked to a flashing alarm beacon on the radar arch.