Electronic barograph

G

Does anybody know where I can buy an electronic barograph in the UK. I need one that gives a continuous plot simulating the trace on the old fashioned barograph. Certainly one was made by the German company Alstrom under the name Meteoliner but I don't know whether it is still available. What I do NOT want is the one available in, for example, Aladdins cave whosee graphical display is limited to 6 columns siude by side showing the pressure 24hr ago, 12hrs ago, 6hrs ago and so on. I want to see a real trace.

Any leads welcome - any comments welcome.

Keith HL

G

Glider pilots regularly use electronic baragraphs to keep a continuous log of barometric pressure (height) for badge/record claims. Perhaps one of, if not the best, is made by a company called EW Avionics Tel 01628 485921. You could also try RD Aviation who supply all manner of electronic goodies including barographs - Tel 01865 841441 or surf to: http://www.rdaviation.com where you can download their catalogue in pdf format.

In aviation speak what you may need to ask/look for is a Flight Recorder/Electronic baragraph. Most of these can be fully integrated with GPS too.

I have no connection with either of these companies - I'm just an (ex) glider pilot who discovered sailing.

Flipper

G

Vetus sell them (023 80 67 2277 ) Portswood Southampton. £464.13 inc VAT
It looks like the bee's knees, pity about the price.