Elan 344 impression Genoa measurements

Garyke

Visit site
Hi All, new to this Forum, and hope I'm in the right place. I'm looking to establish the measurements for a new Genoa for an Elan 344 impression, 2006

I would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction - luff, leech and foot sizes if anyone has them..

Also, if anyone has any recent price estimates for a sail that size.

Thanks
Gary

srm

Visit site
Beg borrow or buy a 30m tape measure. Go to the boat and measure the max luff length for your forestay/roller gear plus size of luff slot or make and model. Also, take the I and J measurements. (Google 'sail measurement' for diagrams). The layout, length and spacing of sheet tracks will also be advisable unless convinced that they are standard for the model.

Alternatively, ask the sailmaker of your choice to take the measurements (only practical if they are within reasonable travelling distance of the boat or have an agent nearby).

Do not take measurements off an existing sail unless you can do so with it stretched to the correct tensions, otherwise your new sail will be too small.

Contact your preferred sailmakers with this information plus intended use (type of sailing ie coastal / offshore / ocean cruising/racing) and ask for advice on fabrics, design, and costs plus delivery times.

There are a lot of variables when it comes to buying sails and cheapest is rarely best.