El Rapid Design Plans by Michel Joubert.

vrdw

Visit site
Hi:

Hoping a forum member can help me with this search. I have been looking at Centreboard or drop keel aluminium racer/cruiser cutters over the past few years. I came across a Michel Joubert designed 12.9m called El Rapid that was up for sale a year ago in France. Custom Sloop EL RAPID For Sale, 42'2", 1997

To me it is the ideal boat for my needs but it is sold. I've tried contacting Joubert-Nivelt design studio to no avail (mailbox is full) so wondering if anyone knows where to get the plans for this Joubert design?

Bajansailor

Visit site

vrdw

Visit site
Baja sailor:. Thanks for the response. I will check out the Locmeral line as I've never come across them before. The Maracujas are great and if I could find one within my budget, they would be a good choice. The Garcias are serious boats but way out of my budget.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Ummm, re how the Maracujas and the Garcias are out of your budget, then I would gently suggest that there is no point in trying to get hold of plans for building a Joubert 'El Rapid' - even if you do all the work yourself, the cost of building it will still be a lot more than buying an existing second hand boat.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Hello,
I visited that boat a few years ago, she was in Port Louis/Lorient, a couple of miles from my home port, then for non-boat specific reasons I did not proceed with the purchase.
Have a look here too they may have the plans you need:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/867991784079210?group_view_referrer=search
As a curiosity, EL Rapid has nothing to see with being fast: the boat for designed for someone named Rapidel, they simply tweaked his name :)

vrdw

Visit site
Roberto:. Many thanks for this info. I have signed up to join the 'El Rapid' group. What were your thoughts on this boat when you saw it?

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
What were your thoughts on this boat when you saw it?

The boat itself was ok, I was more inclined towards a full centerboard boat which could dry on its hull, the El Rapid has a shallow keel fin with an additional centerboard; I remember having seen one on the hard on its keel with two sea legs so it's still feasible if one likes the method.

vrdw

Visit site
Ummm, re how the Maracujas and the Garcias are out of your budget, then I would gently suggest that there is no point in trying to get hold of plans for building a Joubert 'El Rapid' - even if you do all the work yourself, the cost of building it will still be a lot more than buying an existing second hand boat.
No need to be gentle! you seem keen on pointing out in a very patronizing way my budget which you have no idea what it is. Read my post carefully, Maracujas are in my budget but the Garcia isn't .

vrdw

Visit site
I am a bit baffled - you had said that El Rapid is the ideal boat for your needs, but it is sold.

But then you said that you don't need to build a boat, you just want the plans.
Are you building a model of the boat?
Sorry you are a bit baffled?! I want the plans for a specific reason that I don't need to explain to you. The other replies have been useful and I thank the contributors. I see that you are a well known member? Is that because you like to pick on new members? Read the posts and you might understand. Just because the El Rapid was sold doesn't mean there are no other Michel Joubert designed boats around.

vrdw

Visit site
Mr Bajansailer is a very helpful member and I think you seemed to jumped to a wrong conclusion
I am sure he is very helpful, but questioning my requests for boat plans in a patronising way undermines inclusivity of the forum.

Last edited:

KevinV

Visit site
I am sure he is very helpful, but questioning my requests for boat plans in a patronising way undermines inclusivity of the forum.
Way to go on upsetting the member who went to the most trouble to help with your question (y)

Wansworth

Visit site
Having been here the best part of twenty years I must admit I amnot sure what a troll is but all I can say that and I think I speak for most forum members that Mr Bajan sailer has been nothing but a helpful and informative member,and I am sure there was no intention to be patronizing it’s probably that the written word is not adequate in expressing ideas

DownWest

Visit site
Take a couple of moments and think again about the comments. Asking for plans suggests building the boat. So a very experienced poster questioned the budget. (he is a surveyor)
BTW, welcome to the forum. You appear to come from an interesting viewpoint. Aluminium boats are not exactly mainstream.

Birdseye

Visit site
Seems obvious that the plans are needed so that he can study the boat in the current absence of a second hand one to look at.. Like a brochure in a way but far more useful.

In any case this forum is the home for dreamers