Effect of Coronavirus on Mental Health

Star-Lord

Visit site
Hi where did you get the 18th April from? , we still haven't heard any more .

We have a good community here with a mix load from over Europe we even got one Chinese couple .
We keeping up our sprit alThought it is getting to some but that's to be expected , I finding from the emails I had from other In then MED, that last year newcomers to liveaboard seen to be dealing with it better , it may be because it's all new to them plus most had no intention of moving till after May so they hopeful they still can, what going to happen if we all still stuck in marina once it start getting very hot is anything .
I got it from my Italian neighbour - not sure it is official yet but he said looking like the 18th April and take it from there.

CLB

Visit site
I live in Brighton Marina - possibly several hundred of us do full time so feck knows what will happen. The state the communal facilities are often left in beggars belief, I couldn't buy disinfectant wipes even if I wanted to, if they close the facilities the marina itself will become an open sewer and if they ban boats from leaving the marina we'll really start to lose it...:confused:

Probably best not kick off too loudly, otherwise they make invoke rule 12.1 of the marina regulations.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Italy to extend coronavirus lockdown until Easter as new cases fall

Something I did not know but was wondering about... how will Italy emerge from Lockdown?
The Locals say The Mayor of Cagliari is preparing a regimen of safety... for example everything will be allowed but no overcrowding - so boat tours packed with tourists will not be allowed - boat tours with a few tourists will be allowed. Restaurants will not be allowed to be over crowded etc etc. So I assume they will remove tables and everything will be more spread out. All of this is local knowledge as far as I understand. A lot of information can be had from radio, opinion pieces in local newspapers and TV chat shows - and local TV stations. If I spoke the local language and knew locals who knew people with fresh information and up to date current thinking - I would be way better informed than people who only relied on government announcements for their information.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Star lord without getting in any type of discussion about this all I say is in 30 years of cruising around Europe and the Med I found hear say to be as useful as a kick up the bum.
All hear say is , is one man option.
It stand to reason no one know how this is going to end up , when it's going to end up, or what the out comes going to be , we all on new ground,
We all hoping it's going to end next month but the reality is , it's not and when it does end it going to be a slow and progressive way to get thinks back to some kind of normalcy ,
One thing for sure social distance will carry on for some time to come and even when it's all over people may well keep on keeping their Distance for some time to come.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The general feeling I am getting from cruisers friends we in contact from diffenrt countries in Europe is ,
if we are aloud to move within the country we are in at some point it be some thing even if we can't sail to another country.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Irrespective of your point of view..
Would some of you, even though , you might disagree with me,
please, acknowledge the fact, that I, unlike other posters, have never belittelled anyone,
who, either has a lack of vocabulary, or made the odd Typo !
I am quite able, to verbally fence, with anyone, also, where needed, I can produce references !
I like this forum, and the challenges.
The smutty character references, not so much !
Someone, who can attack, a poster, due to a typo, or spelling mistake, is in my view..
A Charlatan !
Welcome to the Effect of Coronavirus on Mental Health thread ;)

Star-Lord

Visit site
My contract was for a month! I was moving East. Now two months later they have very kindly backdated a yearly contract to when I first arrives. I have not paid yet but it looks like they are offering a very fair deal if lockdown continues at a very good and fair rate because I was here before it all went tits up. Just waiting for final confirmation... The chap in charge of berthing only comes in once a week now, I think.
How about yourself and your fellow cruisers at your marina? Any deals? Any plans?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
My contract was for a month! I was moving East. Now two months later they have very kindly backdated a yearly contract to when I first arrives. I have not paid yet but it looks like they are offering a very fair deal if lockdown continues at a very good and fair rate because I was here before it all went tits up. Just waiting for final confirmation... The chap in charge of berthing only comes in once a week now, I think.
How about yourself and your fellow cruisers at your marina? Any deals? Any plans?
We only had a three months contract as that's the amount of time we spend in a marina over winter , but they kindly offer us to pay the different and extend the contract till the end of April and being an RYA member we get an Extra month so we ok till the end of May , they now offered everyone to have a choice of one month /six month/year contract at winter rates 30% off while this is still on going . If it's still on going by the end of May we will then just keep on a monthly contract .
My guess is as good as anyone how long this will last , of course we hope it end before May but deep down it's may go on till mid summer , June/July , hopefully no longer .
What most are hoping for is for restrictions within Italy are lifted so at the very less we can sail around Sicily,Italyand Sardinia.