Eberspatcher/Chinese heaters .......again .

clyst

Visit site
Hi all ,The Eberspatcher is having its annual tantrum again so I'm serious considering a Chinese replacement since they are becoming more reliable and cost effective now . Just looked on E bay and Amazon I'm surprised to see so many makes and models since they seem to have been fitted by many forumites anyone any recommendations ? Cheers .

Trident

Visit site
They're probably all made in the same factory but with a hundred different resellers. I have two and two friends have one - all bought from different ebay sellers and all identical . No problems at all with them so far (mine are 18 months old) but I'd but a couple of spare glow plugs as they don't always last very long - but at £10 each they're not too expensive

oldgit

Visit site
£120 seems to be the average price and in the real world, the heaters will produce about 4-5 KW.
Should be enough for the average boat unless you want tropical temperatures.
Mine is the Planer 4K, adjust thermostat to 25C and it will get the boat up to about 22/23 C in all but sub zero temps.
Have never actually needed to run it flat out to date.
Worth taking note of the warnings about chinaspatcher silencers, in my case exhaust silencer was OK.
Simple job to connect new heater/fuel pump to old trunking/ fuel supply.

Last edited:

NormanS

Visit site
Eberspachers will run very happily on paraffin (kerosene). Mine has been burning exclusively kero for the past three years, at approximately 100 litres/year. Does anyone know if the Chinese or Russian copies can run on kero?

RumPunch

Visit site
I have an all in one, in the cockpit, and ducted through the washboards. Totally removeable, fit it when I need it and stash it below when not. No need for separate diesel tanks, permanent fixture or skin fittings that way

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
Eberspachers will run very happily on paraffin (kerosene). Mine has been burning exclusively kero for the past three years, at approximately 100 litres/year. Does anyone know if the Chinese or Russian copies can run on kero?

The Chinese heaters do, the one in work runs on white, red or Kero...whatever is around.

CLB

Visit site
I've run my chinaspacher exclusively on kero and am now on the third winter with zero probs so far.

Steve_N

Visit site
I've run my chinaspacher exclusively on kero and am now on the third winter with zero probs so far.

Same here - 2 chinaspachers running exclusively on kero and clocking up the hours.

I think it's only the genuine Autoterm Planar heaters that can't run on kero, a heating fuel.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

By Russian copy I assume you mean Autoterm Planar? In fact it is far from being a copy of any other make. Planars should not be run on kerosene, they run hotter than Eberspachers and will burn out. So my son tells me, he is the importer.

NormanS

Visit site
Same here - 2 chinaspachers running exclusively on kero and clocking up the hours.

I think it's only the genuine Autoterm Planar heaters that can't run on kero, a heating fuel.

:D:D Does seem a bit strange. Thanks to you and CLB for the info. The diesel that I use on the boat is still the high sulfur stuff, and it gave serious problems with a deposit on the burner tube, - hence running on kero. Cheaper too.

PetiteFleur

Visit site

I have a Chinese heater which I installed last spring - I tested it for 20 hours with kerosene in my workshop and it worked perfectly. Now running on road diesel on the boat and still running well. I did choose the simple controller rather than the complicated controller where you can change the settings.

superheat6k

Visit site
My Chinaspacher is very happy on Kerosene.

superheat6k

Visit site
Chinaspacher....would anyone happen to be in a position to pm or post a link to a retailer of a unit that they are happy with, having run it for a long time
I recently did this on another thread but noted that one supplier I used had disappeared and the other was considerably more expensive. The Facebook group is probably a better place to find reliable suppliers, but someone else may be along soo to help.

CLB

Visit site
Chinaspacher....would anyone happen to be in a position to pm or post a link to a retailer of a unit that they are happy with, having run it for a long time

I bought in 2017 and am very happy, but the seller does not appear to be on eBay any longer, at least not under the same Name.

peteK

Visit site
I bought a 2kw chinese diesel heater last year from aliexpress,tried to buy of ebay but was let down by million billion.Very pleased with it.