East or West-South?

Martin_J

Visit site
It looks soooo close between all of you now... I'm still intrigued how I managed to catch up to within 2.5 hours of the #1 spot... after taking the first corner round Musandam wide by about 2.5 hours and doing a wrong turn at Singapore (at some point during the night after a few beers at the marina bar)... It's been a real learning exercise.. and especially fun watching the IRL VolvoOceanRace videos from the Strait of Malacca.
Enjoy the final few hundred miles.. ybw_mjm

Last edited:

Martin_J

Visit site
ok.... it's 11pm and even after a few beers at the [new] marina bar.. i'm still online...

Don't relax.. Even in the last few hundred miles sprint to the finish... if you get the angles right you can still make up places.. but which is the best end of the line to aim for.... downwind, further but faster.. or upwind, shorter but slower.. it's all in the polar.. 76T explains it all in his website..

Last edited:

Dipper

Visit site
Well done Martin.

I'm up several hundred places on my last two attempts so I'm quite pleased. I've also avoided getting addicted but it's not as much fun.

Alistairr

Visit site
It looks soooo close between all of you now... I'm still intrigued how I managed to catch up to within 2.5 hours of the #1 spot... after taking the first corner round Musandam wide by about 2.5 hours and doing a wrong turn at Singapore (at some point during the night after a few beers at the marina bar)... It's been a real learning exercise.. and especially fun watching the IRL VolvoOceanRace videos from the Strait of Malacca.
Enjoy the final few hundred miles.. ybw_mjm

Well done Martin, it was certainly a good move going wide round the top of Pulau We, You made up tons of time there.

Good race, well done.

Cheers
Al.

trevorr

Visit site
Trev, you're storming up, looks like you are going to jump from 4th to 2nd just before the line.:rolleyes:

Can I turn the motor on now? :D

Cheers
Al.

You might as well, Had mine on for hours now. :)
Going to be close with Indiana.

Enjoyed the last couple of days trying to catch you back up.

Spyro

Visit site
Lots of highs and lows in this one for me. Thought I had no chance after missing the start by nearly 2 hours. then found myself in first place. Terrible finishing position after a few bad mistakes.
I feel a discard coming on...... if anyone is actually keeping a running total.

Fantasie 19

Visit site
"Tail ender"??? I resemble that remark... :rolleyes:

Bloody awful race... took weeks getting through the straits, went too far east yesterday ( no internet).. currently 650th+...

Well done mjm - superb result.... :)

trevorr

Visit site
Yes.

Just waiting for
SKT
Fantasie19
Topdonkey
Pendlecats
and MJCP

to Finish.

Not waiting for ybw_dyflin who is still on a beach in Iran.:D