East Coast to be put in new tier 5...

Denek

Visit site
Doh! I have just seen that my comment is on the wrong post. Big plumps was whining on another post and it was meant for that. BTW I thought it was quite funny. I have a bauble on our Christmas tree which is a Covid virus. You have to try to find humor in these things.

Attachments

• 43DB3FC3-0E89-4EF3-A432-90C1C41CAFD0.jpeg
    43DB3FC3-0E89-4EF3-A432-90C1C41CAFD0.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 17

alandalus11

Visit site
... due to rcent activity by East Coast Pirates ... the Aarrrrgh rate is too high...

Be careful what you wish for. This morning Essex authorities announced a 'major incident'. The virus is spreading faster and more infections and hospitals can't cope. So making headlines such as you have done is not funny. The government is already considering more tougher measures than tier 4 and a tier 5 is inevitable so if you think it's funny worrying people with headlines such as that and joking about it then there is something wrong with you.

We wait to see what Boris says this evening about the rest of the country but I fear the East Coast will become a more tougher open prison than other areas if we do move into a tier 5 so your "joke" probably will come true and our boating could come to an abrupt end with marinas closed as they were in March..

Newboy6458

Visit site
Gallows humour.
For all sorts of reasons this doombug has had enormous effect worldwide.
Any attempt to lighten our mood to help us deal with all the serious stuff we have to cope with on a daily basis should be welcomed.
I think the OP should be applauded at his attempt. Not original but it made I smile ?

alandalus11

Visit site
Mmm, I am sure those that could potentially be moving into a possble tier 5 would find it very funny. There are other ways of lightening peoples moods.

[178529]

Visit site
I think the majority of well balanced people see it for what it was and are quite happy to laugh. You are entitled to be offended but don't assume others will be.

Edit: as for tier 5, I imagine that most recognise that a full lockdown is the most likely outcome now until vaccination brings the hospitalisation rates down.

Zing

Visit site

Be careful what you wish for. This morning Essex authorities announced a 'major incident'. The virus is spreading faster and more infections and hospitals can't cope. So making headlines such as you have done is not funny. The government is already considering more tougher measures than tier 4 and a tier 5 is inevitable so if you think it's funny worrying people with headlines such as that and joking about it then there is something wrong with you.

We wait to see what Boris says this evening about the rest of the country but I fear the East Coast will become a more tougher open prison than other areas if we do move into a tier 5 so your "joke" probably will come true and our boating could come to an abrupt end with marinas closed as they were in March..
It’s been said before:
2936DE95-4D3F-4FB1-AAF0-2B68308D43FF.jpeg

alandalus11

Visit site
No sense of humour transplant required. You try telling the familly of my friend who has just been buried 5 minutes ago that its a joke. You try telling the familly of my next door neighbour that its a joke or the fammilies of the other three households down my street that have buried people this year that its a joke. Do they need a sense of humour translplant too?...........

PaulRainbow

Visit site
No sense of humour transplant required. You try telling the familly of my friend who has just been buried 5 minutes ago that its a joke. You try telling the familly of my next door neighbour that its a joke or the fammilies of the other three households down my street that have buried people this year that its a joke. Do they need a sense of humour translplant too?...........

Sorry to hear you've lost some friends and neighbours, i guess we've all suffered that. No-one is making light of the suffering of those left behind, but it doesn't mean we should all sink into depression and despair.

johnalison

Visit site
The joke, such as it was, was not addressed to the people you mention, and their misfortunes are therefore irrelevant. People have made jokes about war, pestilence, AIDs, divorce, and almost but not quite anything you care to think of (not cancer or child abuse for example). People will go on making jokes and some of this will be black humour. It is how people learn to cope and to develop a robust nature. No-one would make a joke in the face of someone who had experience trauma or tragedy, but this is an open space where censorship is abhorred and potentially more harmful than the occasional lapse of taste.

We all share the current situation and the anxiety it induces. As a member of one of the vulnerable groups I should be more concerned than most, but I am quite content for others to make their little jokes, however pathetic.

pvb

Visit site
It's worth remembering that the vast majority of deaths attributed to coronavirus are very old people - over half the deaths in England were people 80+ years old, close to average life expectancy anyway.

My friend who died early from cancer because his treatment was simply stopped "to protect the NHS" was very upset, but he was 84.

Tomahawk

Visit site

Actually there is something wrong with me.
I have sarcoidosis..Stage 4 .. (Stage 5 is when they measure you for a coffin). If I pick up this infection it sill do me a power of no good at all.
I am also a manic depressive and at the moment teetering on the edge of a full blown clinical depression.
Meanwhile, First Officer is showing classic symptoms of clinical depression.

Yet it was her who saw the joke and posted it on the family whatsup group. It was the first time she has laughed in a while. At times like this a laugh and not feeling bad all the time is somewhat important.

Ianthediver

Visit site
hi guys, just read the latest comments and nothing to say about it. I would like to know though, what is best and why a cruising shoot or spinnaker?

[178529]

Visit site
COVID-19: UK coronavirus alert level 'to be raised to 5' - highest possible

Alert Level 5 means there is a "material risk of healthcare services being overwhelmed".

I think the OP was just a bit ahead of the game.

johnalison

Visit site
hi guys, just read the latest comments and nothing to say about it. I would like to know though, what is best and why a cruising shoot or spinnaker?
I'm all in favour of a cruising shoot. Many years ago I took my air rifle with us on the Blackwater and pooped off at balloons, or it may have been empty cans. This was in the days before disposing of rubbish was, rightly, frowned on. In fog, you could tell if you were following a Thames Barge by the trail of cans on the water.

[178529]

Visit site
I'm all in favour of a cruising shoot. Many years ago I took my air rifle with us on the Blackwater and pooped off at balloons, or it may have been empty cans. This was in the days before disposing of rubbish was, rightly, frowned on. In fog, you could tell if you were following a Thames Barge by the trail of cans on the water.
Clearly, you were well prepared for pirate attack.