East Coast Pirates Saturday 31st July 2021

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Hi all

We are weather watching at the moment and Windy, Predictwind, BBC and Met office are all showing rain in various degrees on Saturday and Sunday.

I think it's prudent to delay making the decision until Thursday morning as hopefully then we will have a clearer forecast. If it is indeed going to rain and be boring then we will postpone.

David

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Morning everyone

The weather seems to be a bit interesting for the weekend, and so I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are about postponing the event?

Every forecast seems to have Westerly 4 to 6, which is going to make the entrance to the backwaters wind over tide and not much fun. There is rain forecast for Saturday evening, which will make a BBQ rather boring.

We're currently sitting in Shotley, and thinking about alternatives for tomorrow.

Please let me know your thoughts?

David

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
The forecast has changed slightly for the better, I'm going to chat with a couple of boats that are travelling at 6am if it looks good enough, and will decide in the morning.

There are a few boats who have travelled to the area already, so just going to cross fingers right now and make a decision early in the morning. Call me an optimistic fool, but If we can go ahead we might as well!

I hope the indecision doesn't inconvenience anyone

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Well, I wasn't planning on being there anyway, but I'm sorry to say that Sunday was a miserable day, weather-wise! I had a nice sail yesterday, but the weather over the whole weekend has been like the curate's egg; some of it was OK!

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Well, I wasn't planning on being there anyway, but I'm sorry to say that Sunday was a miserable day, weather-wise! I had a nice sail yesterday, but the weather over the whole weekend has been like the curate's egg; some of it was OK!

Saturday was fantastic... the wind died and we were treated to an amazing sunset. The anchorage was very quiet overnight.

We left on Sunday morning, but much fun was had by all, and those rotten little pirates stole my treasure.... again :ROFLMAO:

englishrobs

Visit site
We obviously lucked out. Had a great sail into Hamford on Saturday, enjoyed a quiet night and then left early Sunday at 07:00. Great little breeze for the sail back to Woolverstone, even got a tan!