East Coast Pirates Saturday 31st July 2021

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Oi you 'orrible lot of degenerate scurvy ridden renegades

After much discussion in the depths of the bilge, we would like to propose a gathering of the unruly rabble known as The East Coast Pirates on Saturday the 31st July at the usual secret rendezvous point. ( Ask if you don't know where that is ;) )

HW is somewhere around 1630, so time for some treasure hunting and then setting fire to some meat ( and non meat ) products around 1800.

Big pirates welcome as well as little ones, for much merriment and succor.

pirates secret water smaller.jpg

** this map is not to be used for navigation!

Limeburner

Visit site
Oi you 'orrible lot of degenerate scurvy ridden renegades

After much discussion in the depths of the bilge, we would like to propose a gathering of the unruly rabble known as The East Coast Pirates on Saturday the 31st July at the usual secret rendezvous point. ( Ask if you don't know where that is ;) )

HW is somewhere around 1630, so time for some treasure hunting and then setting fire to some meat ( and non meat ) products around 1800.

Big pirates welcome as well as little ones, for much merriment and succor.

View attachment 116891

** this map is not to be used for navigation!
Hi, I would love to know more details. I am new on the Orwell and at Pin Mill.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Hi, I would love to know more details. I am new on the Orwell and at Pin Mill.

Hi there

The secret place is Stone Point in the Walton Backwaters.

The plans are simple, turn up when you feel like it, anchor up near the beach or pickup a buoy further down. Dress up as a Pirate and head to the beach with BBQ, beverages of choice etc. There's normally a treasure hunt for the kids of all ages at some point, and then relax and chat.

That's it really. Some people have been known to bring water cannon and all sorts of things, but it's not compulsory ;)

Hope to see you there!

Tomahawk

Visit site
Sadly... I spoke too soon..
I am having eye surgery on the Friday and have to lie face down for three days...
Something to look forward to .... if you get the pun

DangerousPirate

Visit site
Oh this sounds really cool. I always wanted to dress up as a pirate, anchor somewhere and dance around a fire with a bottle of rum in my hand.

Do you do this more often? Cause I dont have time that day but would come at the next opportunity!pin-by-dawn-gowers-on-sand-in-meee-toes-beach-bonfire.jpg

Last edited:

Catherinen

Visit site
We'd love to be there but the chances are pretty slim... we took the boat out to anti-foul her at the end of May and discovered a rusty hole in the (steel) hull. Problem is, the hole is very close to the rudder, so we have to drop the rudder out so that the welder can get access to patch it, and dropping the rudder out requires removing the prop and prop shaft ... so now the poor girl is in bits, as are all my plans for sailing this summer :cry:.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
We'd love to be there but the chances are pretty slim... we took the boat out to anti-foul her at the end of May and discovered a rusty hole in the (steel) hull. Problem is, the hole is very close to the rudder, so we have to drop the rudder out so that the welder can get access to patch it, and dropping the rudder out requires removing the prop and prop shaft ... so now the poor girl is in bits, as are all my plans for sailing this summer :cry:.

So sorry to hear that, we'll keep our fingers crossed !

Sailing steve

Visit site
I know two young pirates who'd love this but the nanny pirate is stressing about a long drive home afterwards and little pirate's bedtimes.

Any ideas what time the shivering of timbers and hunting of treasure starts so I can make a case for bringing them along?

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
I know two young pirates who'd love this but the nanny pirate is stressing about a long drive home afterwards and little pirate's bedtimes.

Any ideas what time the shivering of timbers and hunting of treasure starts so I can make a case for bringing them along?

Hi Steve

It's all a bit fluid, but with HW at 1630 I suspect the treasure hunt will kick off sometime around 1730 ish...

We will all be staying at Anchor overnight, with more festivities the following day. If you don't fancy anchoring, there are mooring buoys further down and Titchmarsh marina is pretty close.

Sailing steve

Visit site
Hi Steve

It's all a bit fluid, but with HW at 1630 I suspect the treasure hunt will kick off sometime around 1730 ish...

We will all be staying at Anchor overnight, with more festivities the following day. If you don't fancy anchoring, there are mooring buoys further down and Titchmarsh marina is pretty close.

Thanks for that.

What's occurring on the Sunday? That might work better for small pirates than late on Saturday to avoid bedtime wobbles which no doubt grandad pirate will somehow end up getting the blame for.

We'll probably anchor overnight on Sat and pick up the pirates on Sunday from Tichmarsh if there's all day fun then too.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Thanks for that.

What's occurring on the Sunday? That might work better for small pirates than late on Saturday to avoid bedtime wobbles which no doubt grandad pirate will somehow end up getting the blame for.

We'll probably anchor overnight on Sat and pick up the pirates on Sunday from Tichmarsh if there's all day fun then too.

Nothing planned in particular. Generally the adults have another BBQ and the kids go crazy in the sand, play in the dinghies etc. We will be leaving sometime around HW Sunday which is approx 1800, so will have to keep them occupied somehow !