Dutchy on board (as in from the Netherlands)

patrick2wd

Visit site
I couldn't find a proper place to introduce myself, so I picked this spot,

My name is Patrick,
nearly 53, train-driver from Amsterdam,
for now still living in the Netherlands, were looking to move to the south Spain in the next few years.
I used to be a sail instructor on the inland waters in Holland, on boats ranging from 30 to 50 foot,
with different companies.

looking to find a boat with preferable a lifting keel to sail to the "wadden islands" (string of estuary islands/system north of the Netherlands)

I have a low budget max €3500.- about 3000 pounds for the right boat.
I was looking for a Eboat, but these seem to be rare, or Im looking at all the wrong places.
so tips/ links are welcome,
similar boat could also be interesting,
(must be GRP/ 7/8 rig preferred) max 8 meters 28-ish foot.

and I apologize for my English, as it is not my first language, (although I resided in Australia (Cairns) and London for some time)
I suppose to have an Australian accent after a few pints..
anyway, I hope to deliver comments here and look for UK east coast info,
and might shed some light about sailing and general boating in the Netherlands,
(only the two western provinces are called Holland, something to do with the 80-year long war and Spain)

Thanks
Patrick

JumbleDuck

Visit site
and I apologize for my English, as it is not my first language, (although I resided in Australia (Cairns) and London for some time)
Typical bloody cloggy, speaking our language better than we do and then apologising for it.

Welcome! The Netherlands is my favourite country and I am very disappointed that Brexit has dashed my plans to live there for a bit. Good luck with the boat hunt. Have you looked at E-Boat Class Association: Sales & Wanted ? I believe there was or is an E-Boat fleet on the Forth, maybe at Granton or Dalgety Bay.

patrick2wd

Visit site
Thanks JumbleDuck,
I think Ive come across it sometime last week,
I received a message that this one, (blue-ish) has been sold.

V1701

Visit site
Hello Patrick,

Not lifting keel but shallow draft, I used to have an Albin Vega, that's a tough go anywhere boat, 27 feet, you might find one for that sort of money...

Quandary

Visit site
There is an Eboat here, been ashore for a few years, it is beside one of the Canals buildings which was used as business premises by a guy who ran a boat surveying business, I am not sure if there is a rig for it. A long long way from Amsterdam but if you want to follow it up PM me for his contact details.

Quandary

Visit site
It looks tidy from the gate, white hull, wine red stripe, but these boats are far from young. There is a second one here, spent winter before last in the boatbuilders shed having s complete refurb , very expensive but finished looking like new. I quite fancied it but apparently that one is a family heirloom.
I Imagine an E boat could cross Scotland by the Forth And Clyde canal?

patrick2wd

Visit site
that route through Scotland was mentioned quite some years ago in a Dutch magazine,
If keeled boats can pass, an Eboat would surely fit..
It looks tidy from the gate, white hull, wine red stripe, --couldn't hurt investigating further--..

:unsure:

patrick2wd

Visit site
It looks tidy from the gate, white hull, wine red stripe, but these boats are far from young. There is a second one here, spent winter before last in the boatbuilders shed having s complete refurb , very expensive but finished looking like new. I quite fancied it but apparently that one is a family heirloom.
I Imagine an E boat could cross Scotland by the Forth And Clyde canal?
Quandary, as I cannot PM you,
would you be so kind if you have the time, to check that Eboat out,
images wont hurt,

any further information either..

thanks,

Patrick

Quandary

Visit site
I first need to be sure it is for sale, though I expect it is, the owner has a Nic 55. It is behind a fence with a locked gate.
I will investigate and get back to you.

Quandary

Visit site
Patrick, turns out the boat has a different owner and is just being stored in the yard, my contact is going to find out from the owner if he wants to sell it, if the answer is yes I will ask him to let me have a look at it and report, might take a while.

Quandary

Visit site
Fraid not, the guy never got back to me so I have concluded that there was no interest in selling, if he did not react to news of a wealthy Dutchman wanting to buy.
If I meet him I will ask but I think you may forget about it.

patrick2wd

Visit site
I feel posh...
wealthy dutchman...

???
thanks anyway,
Ill have to search further.. even posted on FB ? for the first time... ever, in search for an eboat...

RupertW

Visit site
I feel posh...
wealthy dutchman...

???
thanks anyway,
Ill have to search further.. even posted on FB ? for the first time... ever, in search for an eboat...
If you like Eboats then have a look at Westerly GK24s - bulletproof and fast for their size. I’ve owned two - one in my twenties which we went on honeymoon on and the second for nostalgias sake on our fortieth birthdays - still just as much fun but we often stayed ashore then.

Quandary

Visit site
I think that Patrick is looking for shallow draught, if a GK24 was suitable there has been one sitting on a trailer in a lay-by on the Crinan road for 3 or 4 years slowly deteriorating in the weather. Don't know who owns it but the boatyard it was in before should.
We have everything you might be looking for out here.:ROFLMAO:

neil1967

Visit site
What is the maximum draft you are looking for? We used to own an 'Offshore 8m' which was built in the UK (moulded by Tylers), but was actually a Van de Stadt design, so I would expect there to be plenty of models in the Netherlands. It had a 1.4m draft - long fin keel - and I would think ideal for what you wanted: Offshore Yachts Offshore 8 metre Information

We lived in the Netherlands (well Limburg!) for 4 years and apart from the 2 hour drive to get to the sea, thought it was a wonderful country.

Other threads that may be of interest