Durdle Door again!

jimi

Visit site
I suspect it’s likely to be Portland as it was all filmed around Swanage or Portland and points in between

jimi

Visit site
With regard to risk, there’s a big difference between perception of risk and real risk. Eg I’d say cycling is riskier than rock climbing. Getting in a car and driving is probably riskier than climbing. This assumes a certain level of competence! Jumping off from a height into water.... well the risk will vary depending on competence and scanning of objective dangers. A Fosters fuelled lager lout plummeting into unknown territory is a much higher risk than a Stuntman leaping 80ft off Durdle Door into a preinspected patch of water. However risk is never absent, the lager lout may get away with it, the expert may hit his elbow on a passing shark and dislocate his shoulder. Bet the shark’s risk analysis didn’t include that scenario? without knowing more facts I’d reserve judgement on the folly or otherwise of the jump?

Dipper

Visit site
I suspect it’s likely to be Portland as it was all filmed around Swanage or Portland and points in between
I've had a boat moored in Portland Harbour for about 25 years so I should have recognised it. I think it's the old Whitehead Torpedo Range building on the NE breakwater where they launched torpedoes across Weymouth Bay. The video doesn't really show the harbour wall which put me off.

A late friend of mine was a navy diver in the 60s and one of his jobs was to attach lifting strops to the torpedoes to recover them at the end of their run.