Duplicate certificates from RYA ?

Boo2

Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone here succeeded in getting duplicate certs from the RYA ? I've mislaid my DS (theory and practical) and CS (theory) certs and the RYA are saying I need to get the school to resend confirmation before they can issue duplicates. Anyone here had the same problem and manage to get it resolved ?

Thanks,

Boo2

Thistle

Visit site
I don't think that records of these certificates are held centrally by the RYA. You would probably be better approaching the school and asking them to re-issue the certificate. I don't know how long schools are expected to keep records of these certificates.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Lots of people loose their certificates. They phone the RYA. Who tell them to call the school. Who may not have kept records for long. It's not their job.

The cards with photos for practical courses were introduced primarily to prevent fraud. But are traceable. The paper certificates rarely are.

You are gonna be exceptionally lucky to get a replacement.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I lost all of mine ,managed to speak to a director, who said they did not start keeping records until 2011. I was told to go back to the schools,all of which were not in business.

dom

Visit site
I lost all of mine ,managed to speak to a director, who said they did not start keeping records until 2011. I was told to go back to the schools,all of which were not in business.

Offer any competent schoolkid immunity from further questions and they'll sort you out.

By 7 or 8, most will have cut their teeth forging mum/dad's signature in their homework books, graduating to full-blown fake IDs by around 16.
:)

glynd

Visit site
There is a page on the RYA where you can have them record what certs you have (if you are a member)

It's hard to find, but is called "My Qualifications"

Code:
https://www.rya.org.uk/credentials-listing

I have no idea if they will re-issue a cert based on this, but it seems some schools report the certs to the RYA and for others you must send them a scan / photo of your cert.

matthew99

Visit site
There is a page on the RYA where you can have them record what certs you have (if you are a member)

It's hard to find, but is called "My Qualifications"

Code:
https://www.rya.org.uk/credentials-listing

I have no idea if they will re-issue a cert based on this, but it seems some schools report the certs to the RYA and for others you must send them a scan / photo of your cert.
I applied and managed to get VHF, Yacht master, PB 2, Rescue Boat and I think Radar, Sea Survival. Cost me about £100 but I was very grateful. Used the RYA form as directed using the information from photocopies held of originals.

Hope this helps.

matthew99

Visit site
I applied and managed to get VHF, Yacht master, PB 2, Rescue Boat and I think Radar, Sea Survival. Cost me about £100 but I was very grateful. Used the RYA form as directed using the information from photocopies held of originals.

Hope this helps.
PS - not a member of RYA

Mark-1

Visit site

Hope this helps.

So you can photoshop one and give it to them online and they send you back a real one. ?

glynd

Visit site
So you can photoshop one and give it to them online and they send you back a real one. ?

Heh - you have to wonder if they keep track!
I assume they know which certificates they have provided to which sailing school, for example?!?